Western Maharashtra (officially Pune division) is a division of Maharashtra state in India. It would be considered as the heartland of Maharashtrian culture for many reasons, not the least of which is that Pune, the cultural capital of the state is located there
- 1 Aamby Valley City —
- 2 Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary —
- 3 Lenyadri Caves — visit Lenyadri Caves
- 4 Mulshi Dam — a major dam site
- 5 Torna Fort — hill fort southwest of Pune
Ashtavinayak is a collection of 8 auspicious temples, mainly in Western Maharashtra.
Pune is approximate centre of all 8 Ashtavinayak Temples and is most convenient city to base in though it is also possible to cover these pilgrimage temples from Mumbai, Nasik and other cities in Maharashtra.
- Morgaon - Mayureshwar or Moreshwar Temple
- Siddhatek - Siddhi Vinayak Temple
- Pali - Ballaleshwar Temple
- Mahad - Varad Vinayak Temple
- Theur - Shri Chintamani Temple
- Lenyadri - Girijatmaj Temple
- Ozar - Vighnahar Temple
- Ranjangaon - Mahaganapati Temple
Vegetarian food freshly prepared at local restaurants.
Butter milk and flavoured milk.
Do not drive after consuming alcohol. During monsoon river Krishna and its tributaries may flood the district. Carry torch (flash light), Water, Whistle, Eatables and First aid box while entering forest areas.B.S.N.L mobile signals are received here. Medical facilities are poor in rural areas.
- Konkan — The costal division of Maharashtra.