Tourist Information is not currently available in whitstable itself, as the centre along the high street has recently closed.
Whitstable station is served by regular trains from London Victoria, Margate, the Medway Towns and Faversham. Most trains from London Victoria divide at Faversham, with half of the train taking the North coast line, and half heading for the South coast; ensure that you are sitting in the correct part of the train.
The A299 road, known as the Thanet Way, runs between Ramsgate and Faversham via Herne Bay and Whitstable, and merges with the M2 motorway at Faversham. Parking can be difficult in Whitstable .
- Explore the Harbour and fish market.
- 1 Horsebidge, 11 Horsebridge Road, CT5 1AF. Open Mon-Sat 9.00-18.00, Sun 10.00-18.00. Arts and community center, A charity run art gallery at the beach end of the High Street.
- 2 Whitstable Castle, Tower Hill. The castle is not open for sightseeing, but is used for exhibitions and events. The gardens are quite good.
- 3 Whitstable Museum and Gallery, 5A Oxford Street. Museum of local history, seafaring and about the actor Peter Cushing. £3.
- Walk along the beach. A pebble beach with groins runs along most of the seafront, with a concrete path alongside.
There are many good craft shops and artists studios, as well as a variety of small independent shops. For groceries, there is a Co-operative on Oxford Street.
There are a selection of restaurants, some expensive, with many featuring seafood. There are also takeaways on the high street.
- 1 Tea Garden, Marine Parade (near the castle). A tea kiosk in a small park, with tables set out in the gardens. Open weekends and summer weekdays depending on the weather.
- 1 The Old Neptune, Marine Terrace (walk along the beach), ☎ . An old rustic pub with great views Whitstable beach and its famous sunsets,offers fine ales good food and live music every weekend short walk to town and local b&bs
- 2 The Peter Cushing, 16–18 Oxford Street, CT5 1DD. Wetherspoon pub with bar food.
- 1 Hotel Continental, 29 Beach Walk, CT5 2BP, ☎ . Art Deco hotel on the seafront. Also rents huts. Rooms around £65-£145.
- Premier Inn Whitstable, Thanet Way, CT5 3DB.
- The Ventings. A fisherman's cottage dating from around 1840 that sleeps six available for self-catering short stays including weekends.
- No.17. Beautiful rental cottage very stylish sleeps up to 6 people.