The England Expedition is a Wikivoyage Expedition to promote and coordinate collaboration to improve Wikivoyage's articles pertaining to England. If you'd like to join the effort, please add your signature to the bottom of the page!
Article statistics for England
Note that numbers in the tables are not dynamically calculated and must be manually updated. Last updated on 13 November 2017.
Click on number to get an updated list of pages by status. (Note sometime the link just sits there, usually due to the database updating, come back in 10 minutes.)
Remember a reasonable Get In section, as well as listings, is needed to make usable.
I would like to propose the aim of getting all articles to usable status. Yes this is a lot of work but it is doable. In the table above low hanging fruit are in the "needs only" row, these are cities that either just need a listing in one section or need an improved Get in section. Once a good number of these have been enhance the sub-regions can them be improved and promoted to usable. Would be good to get a "Eat" listing and content in the "Get in" of every article. It would also appear that many listings are just names of places with no address, contact information or web links; quite some work to do here.
Key destinations that should be guides but still needs some more content and work done on them.
Other candidates that could with just a little effort be guide status:
Current articles under discussion and work in progress
Articles that are currently being worked on or under discussion such as merge or delete. Or articles you wish to bring to other attention.
Discussions should take place on the talk page of the article, this is just to highlight activity.
- Move listings to districts of Leeds, better district map
- East Sussex too much listing information in region article
- Can Isle of Wight listings be moved to city articles
- Warminster too many listing, particularly in Buy section
- See listings in Hampshire link to city article
- City-ify few listings in Surrey
- Merge Wiston into South Downs
- Merge Carisbrooke into Newport (Isle of Wight)
- Towns that are important enough to have an article before the region can be considered for usable status: Castle Combe, Frome, Redditch, Burton upon Trent, Barnstaple, Bracknell, Market Harborough, Heysham, Chester-le-Street, Southwell (Nottinghamshire).
Article ideas and requests
- usablecity without See listing
- usablecity without Do listing
- usablecity without Event listing
- usablecity without Drink listing
- usablecity without Buy listing
- Complete Routebox navigation for major transport routes.
- Create custom page banner image
- Articles with no photographs This takes a few minutes to generate list and suggestions.
- Articles needing attention
- Event date needs updating
- Geo zoom
- phone format
- phone country code
- Articles with dead external links
- Articles with formerly dead external links
- Wikipedia-Wikidata check needed
- Airport code without link - (Airports coded)
- Lists of tourist attractions in England
- List of museums in England
- Scores on the Doors database of almost everywhere in the UK that sells or prepares food (includes many places not open to the public - even prisons).
- Post Office Branch Finder
- Carlberry Bus Services for towns - very detailed and complete listings (including many not relevant like School Buses)
- 16 April 2016 - all city articles have at least one listing. (Although many are just names and need more detail).
- 14 August 2016 - all city articles have at least one sleep listing.
- 6 January 2017 - all city articles have at least one see listing.