The Scotland Expedition is a Wikivoyage Expedition to promote and coordinate collaboration to improve Wikivoyage's articles pertaining to Scotland. If you'd like to join the effort, please add your signature to the bottom of the page!
Article statistics for Scotland
Note that numbers in the tables are not dynamically calculated and must be manually updated. Last updated on 29 July 2017.
Click on number to get an updated list of pages by status. (Note sometime the link just sits there, usually due to the database updating, come back in 10 minutes.)
Remember a reasonable Get In section, as well as listings, is needed to make usable.
I would like to propose the aim of getting all articles to usable status. Yes this is a lot of work but it is doable. In the table above low hanging fruit are in the "needs only" row, these are cities that either just need a listing in one section or need an improved Get in section. Once a good number of these have been enhance the sub-regions can them be improved and promoted to usable. Would be good to get an "Eat" listing and content in the "Get in" of every article.
Key destinations that should be guides but still needs some more content and work done on them.
Other candidates that could with just a little effort be guide status:
Current articles under discussion and work in progress
Articles that are currently being worked on or under discussion such as merge or delete. Or articles you wish to bring to other attention.
Discussions should take place on the talk page of the article, this is just to highlight activity.
- Merge Harris into Lewis and move to Lewis and Harris
- Troon Buy listings.
- merge Saltcoats into Ardrossan
- Major towns: -
- To complete regions: Alloa, Auchterarder, Ballater, Cumnock, Dalry (North Ayrshire), Golspie, Lochgilphead, Nairn, Wigtown
- Notable destinations: Wester Ross, Applecross peninsula
Article ideas and requests
- usablecity without See listing
- usablecity without Do listing
- usablecity without Event listing
- usablecity without Drink listing
- usablecity without Buy listing
- Complete Routebox navigation for major transport routes.
- Create custom page banner image
- Articles with no photographs This takes a few minutes to generate list and suggestions.
- Articles needing attention
- Event date needs updating
- Geo zoom
- phone format
- phone country code
- Articles with dead external links
- Articles with formerly dead external links
- Wikipedia-Wikidata check needed
- Airport code without link
- Tourist attractions in Scotland category
- List of museums in Scotland
- Scores on the Doors database of almost everywhere in the UK that sells or prepares food (includes many places not open to the public - even prisons).
- 17 December 2016 - all city articles have at least one listing.
- 21 December 2016 - all city articles have at least on sleep listing.
- 30 December 2016 - all city articles have at least on see listing.
- ? 2017 - more "usable" than "outline" city articles