Wikivoyage:Swedish Wikivoyage Expedition
|This page is no longer active and is retained for historical reference. Either the page is no longer relevant or consensus on its purpose has become unclear. Do not assume content on this page is still correct or up-to-date.|
Swedish Wikivoyage Expedition is an expedition to create a Swedish version of Wikivoyage. The primary goal is to provide travel guides in the Swedish language, since many swedes think it's more comfortable that way. Promoting a Swedish Wikivoyage-version has alredy begun on the Swedish Wikipedia!
This Expedition has the following goals:
- To collect a good base of Swedish-speaking users willing to take this project further.
- To choose a go-between who can keep users on the English-language site up-to-date on developments on Swedish Wikivoyage, and vice-versa
- To translate the interface files for Wikivoyage into Swedish
- To launch the new Swedish-language Wikivoyage.
- To translate the pages and create the infrastructure necessary to make Swedish Wikivoyage useful and friendly for new Swedish-speaking contributors.
- To make Swedish Wikivoyage an integrated part of the Wikivoyage family.
If you speak Swedish and feel like a Swedish Wikivoyage is something you will contribute to, please sign here. We need at least five contributors to set up a site.
- (WT-en) Väsk 00:22, 9 Aug 2004 (EDT)
- (WT-en) Alers 02:28, 9 Aug 2004 (EDT)
- (WT-en) Softssa 04:05, 9 Aug 2004 (EDT)
- (WT-en) Lamré 06:21, 9 Aug 2004 (EDT)
- (WT-en) Elinnea 11:20, 11 Aug 2004 (EDT)
- (WT-en) PerSvensson 06:02, 22 Aug 2004 (EDT)
- (WT-en) Sander 14:10, 1 Sep 2004 (EDT)
- (WT-en) Salsero 08:35, 1 Oct 2004 (EDT)
User:(WT-en) Alers has volunteered to act as a go-between for Swedish Wikivoyage and the rest of the community.
The language interface file for Swedish is at Project:LanguageSv.php. It's started with the Wikipedia Swedish language file; it needs to be customized to work for Wikivoyage. Compare Project:Language.php for the changes needed for English Wikivoyage.
The main changes needed are the name of the site (Wikipedia -> Wikivoyage), the name and link to the license, and the names of some important pages.