The closest airport is "Alexander the Great" airport about 20 km from Kavala. Planes, mostly touristic charters, fly all over Europe.
Air Berlin will operate every Monday and every Friday from 2 May 2008 to 31 October 2008 (Flights to/from Berlin, Hamburg, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Munich, Nuremberg, Vienna). Aegean [dead link] (Flights to/from Athens daily)
By regional coach
1 bus stand Interurban coaches ("KTEL" buses) are by far the most convenient way to travel around Greece, as well as for intra-regional travelling. There is frequent bus service from Athens Kifisos Station to Xanthi, as well as from Thessaloniki bus terminal "Macedonia" to Xanthi.
2 Railway station - Trains OSE connect Xanthi to other cities in Greece. Travelling with ordinary trains can be cheaper, although a little bit slower, whereas choosing a fancy faster Intercity train will cost the same amount of money, or even more than a KTEL bus.
- 1 Folk Art Museum, 7, Antika St. The museum is housed in two three-story buildings, built next to each other and dating back to 1860. They were the private residence of two tobacco tradesmen and still have their inside walls decorated by remarkable paintings
- 2 Public Paint Gallery, Orfeus & Pindaro St.
Carnival of Xanthi - A two-week-long event held every year since 1966. It features a vast array of concerts, dance, drama and visual arts. The parade and the traditional puppet burning takes place to end the carnival event.
- Fanarakia tavern, Georgiou Stavrou 18 (1 minute walk from the central square of the city), ☎ . Traditional tavern since 1948
- Xanthippi, 1st km Xanthis-Stavroupolis. Xanthippi is a modern restaurant with traditional flavours from Greece and the Balkans. It is located in the northern part of the city and it offers a spectacular view of the city and the valley of Xanthi.
- [dead link]Filoxenia Hotel, Toxotes. Check-in: 1PM, check-out: noon. Filoxenia hotel is located in the quiet village of Toxotes, next to Nestos river and just 10km from Xanthi city.
- Xanthi Hotel, Lefkippou 14, ☎ , fax: .
- Xanthipio Hotel, 28 Oktovrìu, ☎ . ,
- Orfeas Hotel, 40, M. Karaoli, ☎ .
- 1 [dead link]Elena Hotel, Leoforos Stratou 2, ☎ . Elena hotel is a 3-star hotel, located next to the river Kosinthos and a few steps from the famous Xanthi bazaar which takes place in Emporiou square every Saturday. from $63 par night.
- 2 Nestos Hotel. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00 - 13:00. A 3-star hotel located in the west entrance of Xanthi. from 36 euro.
- 3 Z Palace and Congress Center, Georgiou Kondili street, ☎ . Z Palace is a 5-star hotel located in the entrance of the city, a few steps from the train station and 15 minutes walk from the center of the city.
- 4 Elisso Xenia Hotel, Vas. Sofias 9, ☎ . , Elisso hotel is a 4-star hotel located in the heart of the city , 1 minute from the bars and cafes, next to the river Kosinthos. 85$ par night (2016).
- Stavroupoli - Traditional village set on a scenic valley among forests and waterfalls. Some 30 km northwest of Xanthi by scenic Drama road or by train