The port that appears when you go north along National Route 7 from Pohang is 'Ganggu Port', famous for crabs. The large sculptures installed in the middle of the Ganggu Bridge at the entrance are unusual. It is easy to see that this is a distribution center for snow crabs and a food destination. Around the port, there are many shopping malls. In the cauldron in front of the shopping street, steam from the snow crabs picked by customers sprouts. Usually, it doesn't mean it's big. It means that it has straight legs like bamboo.
Located in the northeastern part of Gyeongsangbuk-do, it belongs to the Yeongnam region and borders Pohang City, Uljin-gun, Yeongyang-gun, and Cheongsong-gun.
The Taebaek Mountains extend to the southeast, Chilbosan and Palgaksan are formed, and the Yeonghae Plain of Byeonggok is formed, and fifty streams, the lifeline of the native land, flow.
It is generally mild, the highest temperature in summer is 38 °C, and the lowest temperature in winter is -13.8 °C. Southeast wind in spring and northwest wind in winter blows badly, with long fall and short spring.
By public transit
- Gangguhang Port
- Goesiri Traditional Village
- Samsa Marine Park
- Yeongdeok New & Renewable Energy Center
- Fishing Village Folk Museum
- Chuksan Port
- Chilbosan National Recreational Forest
- Palgaksan Mountain
- Wind Power Generation Area
- Yeongdeok Sunrise Park
- The Snow Crab Festival offers various events, including children snow crab fishing, family team game, snow crab auction, Madangguk (one type of traditional Korean performance).
- The Youngdeok King Festival is held in the Gaejang Port and offers a variety of attractions and experiences to tourists through its colorful events.