The port that appears when you go north along National Route 7 from Pohang is 'Ganggu Port', famous for crabs. The large sculptures installed in the middle of the Ganggu Bridge at the entrance are unusual. It is easy to see that this is a distribution center for snow crabs and a food destination. Around the port, there are many shopping malls. In the cauldron in front of the shopping street, steam from the snow crabs picked by customers Located in the northeastern part of Gyeongsangbuk-do, it belongs to the Yeongnam region and borders Pohang City, Uljin-gun, Yeongyang-gun, and Cheongsong-gun.
The Taebaek Mountains extend to the southeast, Chilbosan and Palgaksan are formed, and the Yeonghae Plain of Byeonggok is formed, and fifty streams, the lifeline of the native land, flow.
It is generally mild, the highest temperature in summer is 38 °C, and the lowest temperature in winter is -13.8 °C. Southeast wind in spring and northwest wind in winter blows badly, with long fall and short spring.
The taxi fare for Yeongdeok is ₩3,300 for a medium-sized taxi up to 2 km. The driving fee goes up by ₩100 per 134 meters and goes up by ₩100 per 33 seconds. There is an additional 20% charge for late-night surcharges from 00:00 to 04:00.
- 1 Yeongdeok Station. You can go to Yeongdeok Station by using Mugunghwa-ho and Mugunghwa-ho on the East Sea Line. If you use KTX, you can go to Pohang Station and transfer to Mugunghwa Train to Yeongdeok Station.
There are various stations in Yeongdeok-gun, and most people use Mugunghwa Lake on the East Sea Line. Since these stations only lead to Mugunghwa-ho, if you choose a destination where you need a reserved train ticket, not a transportation card, you should get off at the right station without getting off at Yeongdeok Station.
- 2 Jangsa Station, Jangsa-ri 440-63, ☏ 1544-7788 . East Sea Line.
- 3 Gang-gu Station, ☏ 1544-7788 . the East Sea Line of the River Zone.
- 4 Yeongdeok Terminal, 58 Guncheong-gil, Yeongdeok-eup. You can go to Yeongdeok by intercity or express bus. It takes about 5 hours from Seoul. The fare is approximately ₩40,000.
- 5 Yeonghae Bus Terminal, 5 Jang-gil (637 Seongnae-ri), Yeju-si, Yeonghae-myeon. Only intercity buses can go to the Yeonghae Bus Terminal.
- City Bus: Yeongdeok-gun Rural Bus. This is Yeongdeok-gun's bus. It departs from Yeongdeok Intercity Bus Terminal and finally returns to Yeongdeok Intercity Bus Terminal. The number of trips is one, so it takes a long time to wait for the bus. These routes are operated: 100, 101, 102, 103, 104
- 1 Gangguhang Port, Ganggu-ri, Ganggu-myeon. During the snow crab season from November to April to May of the following year, numerous snow crab fishing boats gather here. The crab market is operated, and the restaurant street, also known as "Daegegeori," is 3 km long. The Osipcheon Stream, a major river in Yeongdeok, famous for its sweetfish fishing, escapes to the sea through the south of Ganggu Port. Since it became famous as a filming location for dramas, it has become a tourist attraction crowded with tourists all year round.
- 2 Samsa Marine Park, 185-1 Samsa-ri, Ganggu-myeon. It is a comprehensive amusement park developed since 1988. There are 11 log bungalows and restaurants in the 10,900㎡ Samsa Marine Theme Land under Daejong, Gyeongsangbuk-do. Sunrise events have been held here on December 31 and January 1 every year since 1997, and there are Gyeongsang Fossil Museum, Jangsa Beach, and Pungmul Street nearby, which are crowded with tourists all year round. There is a sea park 5 minutes away by city bus from Yeongdeok-eup. To get there by car, take National Road No. 7, pass Yeongdeok-eup, and go down 7km to the south to find the marine park on the sea side.
- 3 Yeongdeok Sunrise Park, 968, Yeongdeok Snow Crab-ro, Yeongdeok-eup, Yeongdeok-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do. It is a beach park built along the coastline of Ganggu-myeon and Chuksan-myeon.There are convenience facilities such as parking lots and Pagoda benches, and 23,000 wildflowers such as fan flowers and parangi flowers and 900 local tree species are planted. It is famous for 1,500 wooden stairs installed to the place where you can see the sunrise. In the middle of the wooden stairs, there are two observatory facilities where you can see the East Sea. There is also a lighthouse standing on the side of the sea, so you can watch it together. It is located about 20 minutes away from Ganggu by Local Road 918.
- 4 Wind Power Generation Area, 254-6, Sunrise-gil, Yeongdeok-eup, Yeongdeok-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do. It is a wind power complex built in Changpo-ri, which has a lot of wind throughout the four seasons because it is along the coast, and is built on the hill above Sunrise Park, a famous tourist destination in Yeongdeok. The power generation is 96,680 MWh per year, which can be used by about 20,000 households, which is the amount that all Yeongdeok-gun residents can use for a year. About 80-m-high generators with a wingspan of 41 m are also in the spotlight as a tourist destination for their unique scenery located on a hill overlooking the sea. Near the Yeongdeok Wind Power Complex, there are tourist attractions such as Ganggu Port, Samsa Marine Park, and Yeongdeok Snow Crab Original Village.
- 5 Yeongdeok New & Renewable Energy Center, 254-20 Sunrise-gil, Yeongdeok-eup, Yeongdeok-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do. Monday: Closed Tuesday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. It was built over two years with a project cost of ₩8.22 billion, and opened in September 2007. It is an exhibition hall built to promote new and renewable energy and is located in Changpo-ri, Yeongdeok-eup, Yeongdeok-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do, where the wind power complex is located. It has a land area of 25,522 m², a total building area of 2,189 m², and two stories above ground. The first floor consists of a seminar room, a rest room, an office, and the second floor consists of a permanent exhibition hall and a changpo bath. The permanent exhibition hall is equipped with various types of exhibits explaining wind power, solar power, and future energy under nine themes: Changpo Room, the power to grow with the power of the sun, the joy of wind energy, and the present and future of energy.
- 6 Palgaksan Mountain, Jueung-ri, Dalsan-myeon. It is 628 meters tall. The name of the mountain is derived from the fact that eight pointed rocky peaks are connected along the valley, and it is also called Okgye Palbong Peak. Although it is not a very high mountain, the mountain is rough due to various strange rocks, steep slopes, and rock walls. On the middle of the mountain, there is a flat blue rock that is wide and flat enough for about 200 people to sit and play. In addition to 4.5 km of the pioneered hiking trails, 6.1 km were renovated in 2000, and ropes and iron bars are installed everywhere. Whenever you reach eight consecutive peaks, you can see the East Sea, Samsa Marine Park, Juwangsan Mountain's stem, and Okgye Valley in turn. There is a 250-ha forest bath in the area of Sanseong Valley in the north of the mountain, and convenience facilities such as exercise facilities, forest bathing chairs, outdoor tables, and casualties, drinking fountains, simple toilets, information centers, and general information centers were installed. The water flowing down from Palgaksan Mountain and Dongdaesan Mountain merges to form Okgye Valley, and there is Chimsujeong Pavilion, built in 1607 by a scholar named Sonseong, who lived in seclusion to avoid the academic administration of Gwanghae-gun, and the area of this valley is designated as Gyeongsangbuk-do Monument No. 45. In addition to Jinjuam Rock, which sits in the shape of a flower bud in the middle of Sonseongeun Valley, beautiful places around it such as Byeongpungbawi Rock, Hyangnobong Peak, and Chotdaebawi Rock were selected and named Palgaksan Mountain 37 Scenic Views.
- 1 Snow Crab Festival, 120-7 Sea Park-gil, Ganggu-myeon, Yeongdeok-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do. The Snow Crab Festival offers various events, including children snow crab fishing, family team game, snow crab auction, Madangguk (one type of traditional Korean performance).The snow crab festival is different from year to year, so you have to search for it. December 22nd (Thu) to December 25th (Sun) 2022 as of 2022. Venue: It will be held in Haeparang Park and Samsa Marine Park in Ganggu-myeon, Yeongdeok-gun.
- 2 Yeongdeok Golden Fish Festival, Cheonjeon-ri, Yeongdeok-eup, Yeongdeok-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do, ☏ 054-730-6586 . Along with various performances such as celebratory stages and busking, various experience programs such as golden fish bandujabi (a total of 9 times), grilled sweetfish charcoal, family water play, and making sweetfish dolls and lanterns will be held, and participants will enjoy their five senses with specialties such as Yeongdeok's excellent local specialty, free market, and food trucks. As of 2022, the Golden Fish Festival was held from July 29 to 31.
- 1 Yeongdeok Market (영덕마트), 25 Namseok-ri, Yeongdeok-eup, ☏ . A permanent market and a five-day market are also held every day.
On the 4th and 9th of every month, 14th and 19th, 24th and 29th, peddlers gather like clouds.
It deals with various kinds such as snow crab, which is a famous product of Yeongdeok, food for ancestral rites, vegetables, side dishes, and bowls, and customers are constantly visiting restaurants such as banquet noodles, barley rice, and fish stew.
- 2 Hanaro Mart (하나로마트), 175-9 Sinan-ri, Jipum-myeon, ☏ . M-F 08:30-18:00, Sa 09:00-13:00. It have relation about Nonghyeop bank
- 3 Sam-geori(3 street) Market (삼거리마트), KR, Gyeongsangbuk-do, Yeongdeok-gun, 196-3 Sinyang-ri, Jipum-myeon. There is also cafeteria.
- 4 Bo-kyeong Market (보경마트), 333-2 Ugok-ri, Yeongdeok-eup, ☏ . Daily 07:00-23:00. There are many markets around Bo-kyeong Market.
- 5 Yeong-duk marketplace (영덕재래시장), 25, Namseok-ri, Yeongdeok-eup, ☏ . Sa Su 08:30-23:00.
Yeongdeok-gun, is snow crab very famous. This is called 'Yeongdeok crab'. Place the name of the region in front of the food like 'Boryeong green tea'.]
- 1 A direct market for snow crabs in all seasons, 256-61, Ganggu-ri, Ganggu-myeon (next to the three-way intersection: the Ganggu Suhyup, the headquarters, and the annex are located at the three-way intersection, so the staff will guide you), ☏ . Daily 09:00-21:00. Bakdaldaege (market price/change)
Snow crab (market price/varying)
Red crabs (market price/varying)
Lobster (market price/varying)
King crab (market price/variable).
- 2 Pure Oksusu Snow Crab, Gyeongsangbuk-do Province 575-2 (after parking in the public parking lot in front of the Ganggu Post Office, he came down the sea stairs at Exit 4 of the Pungmul Shopping Center and came down to his first house, No. 51, Sunok Snow Crab; Sunok Snow Crab will pay for the parking fee), ☏ . Snow crab (market price/varying)
Times (market price/varying)
Cold Raw Fish Soup (₩20,000)
Crab + Raw Fish + Raw Fish Soup + Crab Rice (₩160,000).
- 3 a grilled fish restaurant(생선구이집), 153-1, Yeongdeok Daege-ro, Ganggu-myeon, ☏ . Sa Su 09:00-19:30, M Tu Th F 08:00-15:30, W closed. Grilled Fish Meal (₩13,000).
- 4 Nabi Mountain Driver's Restaurant (나비산 기사 식당), 10 Nabi Mountain Driver's Restaurant, Gangsan-ro, Ganggu-myeon, ☏ . Tu-Su 10:30 to 20:20, Monday closed. It is a fish stew restaurant introduced as a famous restaurant in Yeongdeok-gun that the owner has cooked himself for more than 20 years. The menu may vary depending on the ingredients of the creature that comes in on the day. an order per person All foods can be ordered from 2 servings or more per menu. No delivery! ₩14,000.
- 5 Ssook Mulhoe in my hand, Sea Garden(내손에쏙물회,바다정원), 453, Yeongdeok Daege-ro, Ganggu-myeon, ☏ . M Tu Th F 10:30 to 18:30, Sa Su 10:30 to 20:30, Wednesday closed. Representative menu:
Reification confidently carry your up-to-date portfolio in my hand (₩8,000)
Yeongdeok has a cafe where you can drink coffee while looking at the sea. Also, you can visit after eating and relax.
- 1 Coffee Hall Yeongdeok Ganggu Branch(커피홀 영덕 강구점), 125 1st and 2nd floors of Yeongdeok Daege-ro, Ganggu-myeon, ☏ . 10:00-22:00. Americano ₩3,700, cafe latte ₩4,200, cappuccino ₩4,200. ₩3,700-6,000.
- 2 the sound of the sea(바다소리), 231-1, Ganggu-ri, Ganggu-myeon, ☏ . 09:00-22:00. Americano ₩5,000, cafe latte ₩5,500, espresso ₩4,500. ₩4,000-6,000.
- 3 Yeongdeok snow crab and (영덕대게랑), Donggwang Fish Market External Shopping Center 108-1, Yeongdeok Daege-ro, Ganggu-myeon, ☏ . 09:00-19:00. Tu closed, M W Th F 10:00 - 19:00, Sa Su 10:00 - 21:00. Crabapple ₩3,000. ₩3,000.
- 4 Janbius (잔비어스), 28th floor, Yeju Market-gil, Yeonghae-myeon, ☏ . 16:10-02:00. Assorted fries ₩15,000, fried shrimp ₩18,000, assorted sausages ₩15,000.
- 5 Reverse grandmother beer(역전할머니맥주), 53 Jungang-gil, Yeongdeok-eup, ☏ . beer ₩2,700.
1 Seaport Resort, 11 Chuksanhang 2-gil, Chuksan-myeon, ☏ . parking, Wi-Fi available, located on the beach.
2 Yeongdeok Ganggu Port Intu, 4150 Donghae-daero, Namjeong-myeon, ☏ . Spa, whirlpool, bathtub, sea view, parking available.
3 Seed Island, 629-2 Samsari, Ganggu-myeon, ☏ . parkable, outdoor barbecue.
4 Yeongdeok Gang-guhan Cloud Hotel, 25, Singang-gu 6-gil, Ganggu-myeon, ☏ . sea view, free OTT service, in-room PC.