Yonghe (永和區), also spelled Yungho, is a district of New Taipei famous for its breakfast foods, notably soy milk.
Yonghe is a very crowded and noisy suburb of Taipei, with the second-highest population density in the world (after Manila, Philippines) with over 41,300 people per square km. The museum of religion is the city's primary draw for tourists.
The yellow line (Zhonghe Line) connects Yonghe to Taipei City.
- 1 Museum of World Religions (世界宗教博物館), 7F, No. 236, Section 1, Zhongshan Road, ☏ . Tu-Su 10:00-17:00. This 8,000-m² museum was inaugurated in 2001 by a Taiwanese Buddhist monastery. It is dedicated to the preservation of all sacred knowledge and aims to foster an understanding and respect among the different beliefs. The museum has permanent displays of sacred texts and artifacts representing all the major religions, short-term exhibitions and, in addition, hosts talks and discussions. It is a 15- to 20-minute walk from Tingxi MRT station on the Yung-he line. NT$120.
- 2 Yonghe Baofu Temple (永和保福宮), No. 11, Lane 202, Ren'ai Road, ☏ .
Parks & nature
- Ren'ai Park (仁愛公園), No. 244-1, Ren'ai Road, ☏ .
- 1 Korean Apparel Street, Zhongxing Street.
- 9x9 Stationary Store.
- 2 Fuhe Flea Market (福和二手市集), Fuhe Bridge. 06:00-12:00. An outdoor market selling second hand items, fruit, and a number of other odds and ends.
- 1 TianFu Jia Chang Cai (天府家常菜), No.5, RenAi Rd. Authentic Sichuan food.
- Dz Dzai lin, ☏ . Yuxi Street. A reasonably priced and laid back restaurant serving vegetarian and natural food dishes.
- 2 Lehua Night Market (樂華夜市), Yongping Road, ☏ . Daily 17:00-01:00.
Yonghe Soy Milk
- 3 Soy Milk King of the World (世界豆漿大王), 284 Yonghe Rd, ☏ . Sec. 2. Near the MRT Dingxi Station. It's the original "Yonghe Doujiang" (from which all other places copied), it's open 24 hours a day and it's cheap!
- 1 流民棧 Bar & Bed, No. 3, Zhongxiao Street, ☏ . A small establishment with a local atmosphere. There are also rooms for patrons to stay here as well (hence the name).
- 2 The More Bar, No. 532, Zhongzheng Road, ☏ . 20:00-00:00.
- Amigo Hostel, No. 14, Lane 157, Yonghe Road. Sec. 2, ☏ , . An old favorite, though it is no longer in its old location. Closest MRT: Dingxi. Cheap, basic hostel that has 24-hr Wi-Fi access. US$7/night.