- Portland International Jetport (PWM IATA)
- Manchester Airport (MHT IATA)
- Pease International Airport PSM IATA
- Logan International Airport (BOS IATA)
There is no bus service direct to York.
- C & J Trailways. Provides hourly bus service from Boston (South Station or Logan Airport) to their Portsmouth, NH terminal. Also a few daily trips to Portsmouth from New York City.
Route 1 along the Maine coast is the scenic route. Interstate 95 is the direct route from Boston (1.25 hours) and other east coast cities. Maine Exit 7 is the Route 1 "The Yorks" exit.
- York Trolley Company, ☏ . The best way to get around York Maine. The Beach Shuttle travels on coastal Route 1A between Short Sands Beach and Long Sands Beach. Fares one way .50, Trolley Ride $3, 2 & under free. (Trolley Ride One trip around the route).
- The Museum Buildings of Old York, Lindsay Rd (Jefferds' Tavern). June-mid Oct M-Sa 10AM-5PM. Adults: $5 one building, $10 all buildings; Children: Under 16, $3 one building, $5 all buildings; under 4 free; Seniors: $4 one building, $8 all builidings.
- Jefferds' Tavern. Built in 1754, it serves as the visitor and education center for the museum. Purchase your tickets here. Free parking on site.
- The Old Gaol. The jail housed prisoners from 1719-1860 and is one of the oldest British public buildings in the US.
- Emerson-Wilcox House. Devoted to decorative arts including the Bulman Bedhangings, the only known complete set of American crewel bedhangings.
- John Hancock Wharf and Warehouse. York's only remaining colonial warehouse once owned by the American patriot portrays the seafaring days.
- George Marshall Store Gallery. Contemporary art by regional artists. This was once the customs house for York and a general store.
- Old Schoolhouse. An 18th-century school and exhibits.
- Elizabeth Perkins House. The days of elegance and grace in colonial revival décor and a restored riverside garden.
- Ramsdell House. Ongoing restoration of a small 1741 home and a look at the lives of early farm laborers.
- 1 Cape Neddick Light (Nubble Light House) (off Route 1A). A 41ft (12.5 m) white cast-iron conical tower and attached house set off on a small island overlooking the rocky coast and nearby beach. One of the most photographed lighthouses in the United States.
- 1 [dead link] Boon Island Lighthouse.
- Harbor Adventures, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Sea kayaking and bicycling tours.
- The Ledges, Ledges Dr, ☏ .
- Mt. Agamenticus Riding Stables.
- [formerly dead link] York Golf and Tennis Club, 62 Organug Rd, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 18 holes, 6,343 yards, rating 70.6,slope 124.
- York's Wild Kingdom, Route 1, York Beach, ☏ . Slides, go-karts, rides, paddle boats, mini golf, petting zoo. Note of warning: The animals at this zoo are mistreated. They are kept in small enclosures with inadequate habitat. Your children will come away with the impression that animals are objects, and not creatures who deserve our compasssion. The York Center for Wildlife is a great alternative. For more info please see below.
- York Center for Wildlife, Mountain Road, Cape Neddick, ☏ . The York Center for Wildlife is a wildlife rehabilitation center. The wonderful folks who donate their time care for injured birds, reptiles, mammals and more. They offer tours of the center and opportunities for folks to see Maine wildlife up close.
- Fun-O-Rama, Beach Street, York Beach, ☏ . Arcade at the beach, mini-golf and bowling.
- 2 York Public Library, 15 Long Sands Road (York Public Library is in the heart of York Village at 15 Long Sands Road, York, Maine 03909. Take Exit 7 from I-95 to Route 1, go south 1/10 mile, and turn left on Route 1-A. Go 8/10 mile, bear left at the statue, and turn right into the parking lot of the Library.), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Please see website for current hours.. In addition to free wifi and access to computer workstations, YPL offers a plethora of fun, educational, and cultural programming for all ages. Past programs have included story times and crafts; lunch and learns; a winter concert series; author talks; book talks; art exhibits and gallery talks. We also provide access to a collection of thousands of books, DVDs, audiobooks, and magazines - supplemented with streaming and downloadable movies, audiobooks, e-books, and music for all ages. Free to all.
Nearby Kittery, has over 120 outlet stores. Route 1 north along the coast has a large variety of shops to browse.
- The Goldenrod, Route 1A, York Beach. Making saltwater taffy "Goldenrod kisses" for over 100 years in that location. Great ice cream sundaes, too.
- Stonewall Kitchen, Route 1. Speciality foods and kitchen gifts.
- Daisy Trading Company, 388 Route One, ☏ . Unique, whimsical home & garden decor & furniture with beach cottage style. Signs with inspirational messages or personalized. Women, kid & baby fun clothing & jewelry. Wine gifts, pet lover gifts, unusual & funny gifts for the hard to buy for.
- 1637, 480 York Street, York Harbor, toll-free: .
- The 1 2 3 Restaurant, 123 Long Beach Ave, York Beach, ☏ .
- Blue Sky on York Beach, 2 Beach St, York Beach, ☏ .
- Cape Neddick Lobster Pound Harborside Restaurant, Shore Rd., Cape Neddick, ☏ .
- Clay Hill Farm, 220 Clay Hill Road, Cape Neddick, ☏ .
- Flo's Hot Dogs, US Route 1, Cape Neddick. 11-3. Famous hot dog shack. Open only 11-3 Except Wednesdays. Steamed hot dogs with Flo's secret sauce. Crowded in the summer.
- Fox's Lobster House, Nubble Rd, ☏ . Overlooks Nubble Light.
- Fazio's Italian Restaurant, 38 Woodbridge Rd, ☏ .
- Lobster Barn Seafood & Grill, 1000 US Route 1, ☏ .
- Mimmo's Fine Italian Continental Cuisine, 243 Long Sands Road, York Beach 03910, ☏ .
- Woody's Brick Oven, 11 Railroad Ave, York Beach, ☏ .
- Bosn's Landing, 150 U.S. 1, ☏ .
- The News Bar and Grill, Rte. 1.
- Talpeys Tavern, 1233 Rte 1, ☏ .
- York Pub and Grill, 647 U.S. 1 Alternate, ☏ .
- Anchorage Motor Inn, 265 Long Beach Av, ☏ , fax: .
- [dead link] Apple Blossom B&B, 25 Brixham Rd, ☏ .
- Best Western York Inn, 2 Brickyard Ln, ☏ , fax: .
- Cutty Sark Motel, 58 Long Beach Av, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Dockside Guest Quarters, 22 Harris Island Rd, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, 2 Brickyard Ln, ☏ , fax: .
- [formerly dead link] Faircrest Motel, 865 US Rte. 1., ☏ , toll-free: .
- Grand View Motor Inn, 800 York St, ☏ .
- Hoyt's Cottages, 2 River Road, Cape Neddick, ☏ .
- Inn On the Blues, 7 Ocean Av, York Beach, ☏ , fax: .
- Lighthouse Inn & Carriage House, 18 Nubble Road, York Beach, ☏ , toll-free: .
- [dead link] Mic Mac Motel, 317 US Route One, ☏ .
- Morning Glory Inn, 120 Seabury Rd, ☏ .
- The Ridge Road Inn, 271 Ridge Road, York Beach, ☏ .
- Sands By The Sea, 15 Ocean Av, York Beach, ☏ , fax: .
- Sand and Surf Inn, 53 Ocean Avenue, York Beach, ☏ .
- Stage Neck Inn, Stage Neck Road, York Harbor, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Union Bluff Hotel, 8 Beach St., York Beach, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- ViewPoint, 229 Nubble Rd, ☏ , fax: .
- York Harbor Inn, Route 1-A, York Harbor, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Sunrise Motel - York Beach, 340 Long Sands Rd, ☏ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. Every room has a view of the Atlantic Ocean. Preferred Rooms with frig/microwaves, suites with butler kitchens, and efficiencies with full kitchenettes. All guest rooms have wireless hi-speed access, in-room climate-control units, in-room coffee, expanded cable TV with remote, telephones, and alarm clock. The hotel is all non-smoking, has laundry facilities, and plenty of parking. Ask for rooms with private balconies or jacuzzis tubs.
- Best Western York Inn Maine (Located in historic York, Maine.), 2 Brickyard Ln, ☏ .
- Burnette's & Tent Area, 21 Railroad Av., York Beach, ☏ .
- Camp Eaton, 750 York St., York Harbor, ☏ , fax: .
- Cape Neddick Campground, Shore Road, Cape Neddick, ☏ .
- Dixon's Coastal Maine Campground, 1740 Route One, Cape Neddick, ☏ , fax: .
- Flagg's Trailer Park (Corner Webber Rd & Garrison Av. York Beach), ☏ .
- Libby's Oceanside Camp, 725 York St., York Harbor, ☏ , fax: .
- Wayside Trailer Park, Long Beach Av., York Beach, ☏ .
|Routes through York|
|Portland ← Wells ←||N S||→ Kittery → Boston|
|Portland ← Ogunquit ←||N S||→ Kittery → Portsmouth|