From San Francisco:
- Highway 101 North over the Golden Gate Bridge, to Highway 37;
- Highway 37 East towards Vallejo/Napa, to Highway 121;
- Highway 121 North towards Napa to Highway 29 North to Yountville.
The regional VINE Trasit bus system provides services from Napa as well as Vallejo and El Cerrito, with connections to ferries and local rail from San Francisco. There are also several dedicated bus services included in hotel packages.
A free door-to-door bus service, nicknamed Yountville Trolley is provided by the town of Yountville. While mainly catering for the many retirees in the Veterans Home, the service is open for visitors too.
- 1 Napa Valley Museum, 55 Presidents Cir, ☏ . Daily except Tu, 9AM-5PM. Exhibits range across history, art and natural science of the area. $4.50, 7-17 $2.50.
- 2 Lincoln Theater Performing Arts Center, 100 California Dr, ☏ .
- 1 Vintner's Golf Club, 7901 Solano Ave (off Hwy 29 at the Veterans Home), ☏ . Nine holes, par 34, 5,573 yards.
- Napa River Ecological Reserve. East of Yountville on the north side of Yountville Cross Road. Over seventy acres of raw Napa Valley are preserved here, including riverbank meadows where over 65 species of birds nest and over 80 more pass through. Species seen include herons and egrets, hummingbirds, quail, golden eagles, falcons, woodpeckers, and great horned owls. More than 40 species of butterflies also make the Reserve their home.
- Napa Valley Bike Tours, 6795 Washington St (inside Washington Square at Washington & Madison Streets), ☏ . Offer three levels of support to visitors who want to pedal to Napa's boutique wineries: 1) Fully Guided & Supported Bike Tours, 2) Self-Guided Bike Tour (includes box lunch and wine purchase pick-up service) or 3) Bike Rentals.
- 2 Domaine Chandon, 1 California Dr. Daily 10AM-5PM. A major winery in Napa Valley, offers tours as well as several tasting packages. The Etoile restaurant offers excellent lunch options; it is open for lunch on Thursday through Monday and it has received the best of awards for excellence in 2010.
- 3 Goosecross Cellars, 1119 State Ln, ☏ . 10AM-4:30PM. Smaller winery with tastings in their cool cellars.
- Farmer's Market, 6539 Washington St, ☏ . Wednesdays, June-Sept, 4PM-8PM.
- Brix Restaurant, 7377 St. Helena Hwy, ☏ , fax: . Daily 11:30AM-9PM (F,Sa until 10PM). (Hwy 29).
- Pacific Blues Cafe, 6525 Washington St, ☏ , fax: . Daily 8AM-10PM.
- Hurley's Restaurant and Bar, 6518 Washington St, ☏ .
- Mustard's Grill, 7339 St. Helena Highway, ☏ . Boasts an American Grill menu.
- 1 Bouchon Bistro, 6534 Washington St, ☏ . Fantastically delicious French cuisine is served up in this atmospheric bistro by Thomas Keller. Some of its specialties are pan-roasted trout, classic French onion soup and duck foie gras. Reservations are necessary. It is open daily for lunch and dinner. The bakery next door turns out bread and pastries that'll knock your socks off. Prices are much more moderate than the neighboring French Laundry.... dinner for two will likely run around $175-250 without alcohol.
- 2 The French Laundry, 6640 Washington St, ☏ . Dinner daily, Lunch F-Su. Considered one of the best restaurants in the United States — if not the best. Reservations can only be made via the restaurant website; they open at 10 am local time on the first day of each odd-numbered month, and fill up very quickly. Additionally, reservation windows cover a two-month period, starting two months after the opening of reservations. This means, for example, the January 1 window is for booking tables in March and April. Very expensive French cuisine by chef Thomas Keller, who was voted by Time Magazine as the best chef in the country in 2001. Three prix-fixe menus. Dinner for two will start at around $650, without alcohol and before menu upgrades. Note that a 20% tip is included in the price, so any further tipping is purely optional.
- 3 Bistro Jeanty, 6510 Washington St, ☏ . Daily 11:30AM-10:30PM.
- 1 Pancha's Of Yountville, 6764 Washington St. A locals bar and arguably the closest thing to a dive bar in all of Napa Valley.
- Napa Valley Railway Inn, 6523 Washington St, ☏ .
- Maison Fleurie, a Four Sisters Inn, 6529 Yount St, ☏ . 788.0369. Thirteen guest rooms in beautiful garden setting. Breakfast and afternoon wine included.
- Napa Valley Lodge, 2230 Madison St, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Lavender - A Bed & Breakfast, 2020 Webber Ave, ☏ . Lavender has six charming provincial & luxuriously cozy courtyard cottage guest rooms surrounding the garden and the main historic house.
- 1 Vintage Inn, 6541 Washington St, ☏ , toll-free: . Four-Diamond elegant French-style inn with fireplaces and whirlpool bathtubs in each guestroom. Outstanding gardens with a central watercourse. Excellent breakfast and afternoon tea. Lovely pool.
- 2 Villagio Inn & Spa, 6481 Washington St, ☏ , toll-free: . Four-Diamond Tuscan style inn and spa with beautiful gardens, fountains and watercourse.
- 3 Bardessono Hotel, 6526 Yount St, ☏ .
- 4 Hotel Yountville, 6462 Washington St, ☏ . along Hopper Creek, Hotel Yountville delivers the perfectly curated romantic vacation experience. Custom designed rooms & suites from 475-1100 square foot, include signature "Dream Beds," fieldstone fireplace, private gardens, vaulted ceilings, Spa tubs, HDTV, WiFi and European linens and amenities all combining to make the quintessential Napa Valley retreat. The Resort boasts the 4000 square foot Spa Acqua, the Grand Salon events center and amazing dining experiences at Hopper Creek Kitchen, all for the exclusive use of the guests.
- Castle in the Clouds Bed and Breakfast, 7400 St. Helena Highway, ☏ . Best views with luxurious accommodations.
|Routes through Yountville|
|Lakeport ← Rutherford ←||N S||→ Napa → Vallejo|