- San Francisco International Airport (SFO), +1 650-821-8211.
- Oakland International Airport (OAK), +1 510-563-3300.
- Sacramento International Airport (SMF), +1 916-929-5411.
- Napa County Airport, 2030 Airport Rd, ☎ . No scheduled service. Useful for private planes.
From San Francisco:
- Highway 101 North over the Golden Gate Bridge (toll), to Highway 37;
- Highway 37 East towards Vallejo/Napa, to Highway 121;
- Highway 121 North towards Napa to Highway 29 North to Napa.
From San Francisco or East Bay:
- Interstate 80 East Over Carquinez Bridge (toll), to Highway 37;
- Highway 37 East towards Vallejo/Napa, to Highway 121;
- Highway 121 North towards Napa to Highway 29 North to Napa.
From Sacramento and points East:
- Interstate 80 West to Highway 12 West;
- Highway 12 West / Jamison Canyon Road toward Napa to Highway 29 North to Napa.
- Evans Transportation operates scheduled shuttles ($29, 90 minutes) between San Francisco and Oakland airports and Vallejo and Napa hotels.
- Napa Valley Transit operates several buses, called the VINE from neighboring cities.
- The Vine Public bus service with several routes in Napa County
- Elegant Wine Tours offers a $299 10-passenger limousine Special 6-hr Wine Tour plus tax, fuel, gratuity and license. Elegant Wine Tours specializes in providing boutique Napa and Sonoma limousine winery visits, custom Napa and Sonoma itineraries and off-the-beaten path wine tour destinations.
- Allure Wine Tours based out of Napa, Ca provides personalized, chauffeured limo excursions throughout wine country. Every guest has the option to design their own trip or have Allure Wine Tour's staff create an itinerary to suit their specific tastes.
- Perata Luxury Tours is probably the best private tour service. The owner knows most of the owners of the local wineries personally and can arrange for tours where others can't. $65–75/hour, plus taxes and gratuity. 5-6 hour minimum.
- Platypus Wine Tours offers daily 6-hour tours of 4 wineries. 8-12 people per tour. $99 per person. Local pick up included.
- Vine Limo Napa provides custom tailored and priced wine tours of Napa and the surrounding wine country.
- Shayne One Limosuine's Wine Country Tours offers daily 6-hour tours tours of 4-6 wineries) $99 per person. Local pick up included.
- Napa Firefighters Museum, 1201 Main St, ☎ . W-Su 11AM-4PM (Call first). Free.
- Labyrinth at the Methodist Church, 625 Randolph St (at Fifth Street), ☎ . M-F 11AM-2PM. Cool replica of the labyrinth in Chartres Cathedral. Walking the labyrinth is considered a sacred act. Donation.
- Quent Cordair Fine Art, 1301 First St, ☎ , toll-free: . 11AM - 5PM. The gallery features uplifting and inspirational paintings, sculptures and drawings of the contemporary Romantic Realism style.
- Napa Valley Wine Train, 1275 McKinstry St, ☎ , toll-free: . Various types of train rides offered for the 36 mile round trip to St. Helena, with or without gourmet dinner. Buy the "flight" of wines at the tasting car. Make this institution part of your trip.
- Napa Valley Symphony, 860 Kaiser Rd, ☎ . Performs classical and pops repertoire (recent guests include Neil Sedaka, Wynona, Glenn Campbell and Johnny Mathis). Performances are at the Lincoln Theater of Yountville.
- Napa Valley Opera House, 1030 Main St, ☎ , fax: +1 707 226-5392. Not just opera.
- Westwood Hills Park (Browns Valley Road and Laurel St), ☎ . Nice views of the valley from this park's trails. Children's nature library.
- North Bay Natural Horsemanship. Lessons: $55/hour.
- Napa Valley Bike Tours, 6795 Washington St., Bldg. B (Inside Washington Square Plaza), toll-free: . Open daily from 8:30AM to 5PM daily. Offering guided bike tours visiting local wineries, bike rentals and multi-day bicycling vacation packages. Also offering kayaking tours.
- Change of Greenery Electric Bikes and More, 3425 Solano Ave, ☎ . 9AM - 7PM. Offers electric bike rentals that can last up to 30 miles depending on whether you want to pedal or use the throttle mode (aka no pedaling). They have 35 different Napa Valley partners who will give you complimentary wine tastings, 10% off spa treatments and freebies just for stopping by on a green bike. 5 different bike routes for you to take. The top speed is 18 mph and no special license is required. $49 all day.
Balloon & Helicopter Rides
- Napa Valley Balloons (North of Yountville). $215/person.
- Bridgeford Flying Services, ☎ . Napa Valley Airport, Airport Rd. (Halfway between Napa and Vallejo). See Napa Valley from the air?
- Aerostat Adventures, 603 California St, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: +1 707-258-8889. Hot air ballooning.
- Napa Golf Course at Kennedy Park, 2295 Streblow Dr, ☎ . Eighteen hole, par 72 course.
- Chardonnay Golf Club, 2555 Jamieson Canyon Rd, toll-free: . Hwy 12. Eighteen hole Championship golf club. Par 72, 6,919 yards.
- Silverado Resort - North and South Courses, 1600 Atlas Peak Rd, ☎ , toll-free: . Two Robert Trent Jones, Jr. courses.
- Eagle Vines Golf Club, 580 South Kelly Rd, ☎ . Eighteen hole, par 72, 7,283 yards.
- Napa Premium Outlets (off Highway 29).
- Asia Cafe, 825 Main St, ☎ . It looks like a hole in the wall, but the food is fantastic. Two people can eat for roughly $7. Tip nice though because they are trying to put their girls through college.
- Andie's, 1042 Freeway Dr, ☎ . Near the Outlet Mall. Little hamburger stand that shares its location with a detail car wash. Appearances can be deceiving, though. It has the well-deserved reputation of having the best hamburgers in the Napa Valley. It can be very busy around lunchtime though, so it is recommended that you call in your order.
- Centre Cafe, 388 Devlin Rd, ☎ . 8AM to 6PM. Centre Cafe features soups, calamari, sandwiches, pizza, rotisserie chicken, New York steak, fish and pasta. The breakfast menu consists of torta wedges, eggs benedict, freshly baked goods. Centre Cafe is open for breakfast, lunch and happy hour.
- Vallergas. A local supermarket. There is one on the corner of Silverado Trail and 1st Street (now JV liquors), and one near Highway 29, in the Redwood Shopping plaza, located at the Redwood and Solano intersection. It has a very fine deli. It is a good place to pick up things for a picnic.
- Keva Juice, 3816 Bel Aire Plaza (in the same shopping center as Whole Foods), ☎ . Owned by Napa natives, a relaxed, fun vibe. It's where all the locals go for smoothies. Yummy smoothies of all kinds, with vegan friendly options as well. Be sure to try the Red Bull smoothie, it's a local favorite. With nothing over $6, its the perfect budget snack. (Side note: if the owners are there, they're the perfect people to ask about local food and wine.) Open year-round, Mon-Sat 9AM-8PM, Sun 10AM-7PM.
- Angele, 540 Main St, ☎ . Enjoy the fabulous French Country cuisine on their riverside patio in the heart of the Historic Hatt Mill & Market.
- Ristorante Allegria, 1026 1st St, ☎ . Italian. $12–$20.
- Celadon, 500 Main St, ☎ . $15–$25.
- High Tech Burrito, 641 Trancas St, ☎ . Tex-Mex. $5–10.
- Zuzu, 829 Main St, ☎ . M-Th 11:30AM-10PM; Fri 11:30AM-12AM; Sat 4PM-12AM; Sun 4PM-9PM. Popular place serves terribly tasty tapas. $10–$30.
- Taqueria Las Palmas, 1730 Yajome St, ☎ . Good all around Mexican food restaurant with a pleasant outdoor dining area. $5 to $15 dollars per person..
- Gott's Roadside, 644 First St, ☎ . Burgers, sandwiches, seafood, salads and ice cream/shakes.
- Mary's Pizza Shack, 3085 Jefferson St, ☎ . Pizza and Italian food.
- Downtown Joes Restaurant & Microbrewery, 902 Main St, ☎ . Downtown, over looking the river. Lively atmosphere, good beer, excellent food, a bit pricy. The menu is very limited. Entrees tend to be $15 – $20 dollars.
- Bistro Don Giovanni.
- FARM at The Carneros Inn, 4048 Sonoma Highway, ☎ . A relaxing and elegant location, FARM offers both indoor seating, and an outdoor lounge, complete with fire pits and heaters. Extensive wine list with varying prices, currently open for dinner only. Reservations recommended for weekends.
- Sweetie Pies, 520 Main St, ☎ . Cookie?
- The Wineries of Napa Valley, 1285 Napa Town Center, ☎ . Taste from a selection of 40 wineries, including some of the smaller family vineyards.
- DG's Nightclub, 530 Main St, ☎ .
- Artesa Winery, 1345 Henry Rd, ☎ . Built into the mountain, the caves are nice and cool.
- The Hess Collection, 4411 Redwood Rd, ☎ . Daily 10AM-5PM.. Enhanced by the art gallery and self-guided tour. Cabernet Sauvignon and chardonnays shine.
- Domaine Carneros, 1240 Duhig Rd, ☎ . Beautifully landscaped surroundings add to the tastings here. Champagnes, sparkling wines and pinot noir.
Napa includes many bed and breakfasts, which include breakfast and more home-like, romantic atmospheres than regular hotels, but these establishments have strict cancellation policies and most require non-refundable deposits of 50%-100% of the room cost at the time of booking and multiple-night stays on the weekends.
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:|
- Napa Discovery Inn (Napa Hotel), 500 Silverado Trail (Downtown), ☎ . Check-in: 11AM, check-out: 3PM. Individual cabin style rooms. $125.
- Napa Winery Inn, 1998 Trower Ave (Downtown), ☎ . $160+.
- Napa Valley Hotel and Suites, 853 Coombs St (Downtown), ☎ . Renovated rooms. $110–210.
- 1801 First Napa Bed and Breakfast, toll-free: . $295–425.
- Arbor Guest House, 1436 G St (Downtown). Jacuzzis and fireplaces in every room. $270.
- Beazley House Bed and Breakfast Inn, 1910 First St (Downtown), toll-free: .
- Carneros Inn, 4048 Sonoma Highway, toll-free: . Carneros has 86 individual cottages, including 10 suites and three restaurants.
- Candlelight Inn, 1045 Easum Dr (on the bank of the Napa Creek), ☎ . Away from the noise. This was the home of the Napa postmaster. Jacuzzis and fireplaces in every room. $310.
- Churchill Manor Bed and Breakfast, 485 Brown St, ☎ , toll-free: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Victorian Bed and Breakfast Mansion set on a 1 acre estate. Breakfast, Wi-Fi & afternoon wine social included. $165 - $345.
- Embassy Suites Napa Valley, 1075 California Blvd, ☎ . Three story Mediterranean-style full service hotel featuring a millpond and park-like atmosphere. Complimentary cooked to order breakfast and evening beverage reception. One indoor and outdoor swimming pool, complimentary passes to nearby health club, on-site spa services and sundeck. Meeting space for 10-200 people. Restaurant, Lounge and Business Center. $170–250.
- Hawthorn Inn & Suites, 314 Soscol Ave, ☎ . A swimming pool, free WiFi.
- Inn on First, 1938 First St, toll-free: . Bed and Breakfast in downtown Napa. It has elegant rooms, a long list of amenities, food, scenery and hospitality. Jacuzzis and fireplaces in every room. No TVs in the house. $220–330.
- Marriott Napa Valley Hotel & Spa, 3425 Solano Ave (Just off Highway 29, 1.8 miles from downtown), ☎ . Modern business hotel. $300–400.
- Meritage Resort and Spa, 875 Bordeaux Way (7 miles south of downtown, just off Highway 29 and Soscal Ferry Road), ☎ . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM. Has spa in a wine cave, a private wedding chapel and meeting space. $185-465, Cheaper rates are for non-refundable advanced purchases.
- Napa Inn, 1137 Warren St (Downtown), toll-free: . $180–270.
- Vino Bello Resort, 865 Bordeaux Way (7 miles south of downtown), ☎ . Has 64 studio, one bedroom or two bedroom condominium-style suites. $178–410.
- White House Inn and Spa, 443 Brown St (On the river, at the edge of the downtown area), ☎ . A luxury hotel with spacious suites, a private cottage, spa service, pool, hot tub, gourmet breakfast and wine tasting packages. Weddings, parties and reunions are available at the property. $340.
- Poetry Inn, 6380 Silverado Trl. Only 3 rooms available. $775–1400.
- Silverado Resort, 1600 Atlas Peak Rd, ☎ , fax: +1 707-257-2867.
- Napa Valley includes several other small similar towns including Sonoma and Vallejo.
- San Francisco is only 90 minutes away.
|Routes through Napa|
|Santa Rosa ← Sonoma ←||W E||→ Fairfield → Lodi|
|Lakeport ← Yountville ←||N S||→ American Canyon → Vallejo|
|Jct W E ← Sonoma ←||S N||→ Jct W E → END|