Zakarpatska (Transcarpathia) is in an oblast in Western Ukraine.
- 1 Uzhhorod (Ужгород) – The oblast's capital, with two 'must see' the Castle-fortress, 1500; and the Exaltation of the Cross cathedral, and bishop's residence, 1745.
- 2 Khust – Famous about St.Elizabeth church, 1450.
- 3 Mukachevo – The highlights of its: Castle "Palanok", 14th-18th century; St.Martin chapel, 14th century.
- 4 Perechyn
- 5 Rakhiv – A great variation from the rest of Ukraine with the highest mountain of Ukraine closeby, Hoverla, an easy climb.
- 6 Berehovo
- The Ukrainian Carpathians.
- 1 National Nature Park Synevir (Національний парк «Синевир») — Natural Reserve near Synevirska Polyana.
- 2 Svalyava (Свалява) – A small village with the St.Nicolas church 1588, 1759. One of the oldest in the Region
- 3 Chynadiyovo (Чинадійово) – a small town with its main sights: Palace "Beregvar" of Shenborn counts, 1890-1895 ; Castle Saint Nicholas, 14th century, 17th century.
Until World War I, Zakarpatska belonged to Hungary (under the Austro-Hungarian Empire) and between the wars to Czechoslovakia. It retains a relatively multi-national flair having considerable ethnic minorities. The indigenous population to this region is the Rusyn, who do not consider themselves Ukrainians.
A region of Western Ukraine closely associated with Ukrainian culture. The majority of ethnic people align themselves with the Ukrainian people and consider themselves a part of the overall Rusyn culture.
The Tourist Information Center network is the most developed one in the country. In addition to the main offices in the cities mentiones above, they can also be found in smaller towns like Chynadiieve (Street Voloshina, 53 b), Mizhhir´ia (Street Khustska, 68 A), Solotvyno (St Kharkivska 1), Tiachiv (Street Robitnycha 8/1), and Shayan (Khust district, Karpatskoi Sichi street 14).
The official language is Ukrainian and it is also the most common one. Most inhabitants have a good command of Russian as a foreign language. Minority languages include Slovak, Hungarian and Romanian. Other foreign languages are German and English.
Uzhhorod has its own international airport. Other nearby airports are Ivano-Frankivsk, Kosice (Slovakia) and Debrecen (Hungary).
- Nevytske Castle (замок Невицьке) – Built in 1400.
- (Mountain) Biking
- Trekking and walking
- Lake Synevyr Natural Reserve
- Mount Hoverla near Rakhiv
- 4 Underground Alergologic Hospital (Солотвино-Підземне відділення Алергологічної лікарні.), Solotvyno town (Ukrainian: Солотвино, Hungarian: Aknaszlatina, Romanian: Slatina ). A health resort.