Ås is a small town in Akershus, Norway. It is located half an hour away from the capital, Oslo
The town is quite small so you can easily walk around, but a car would be practical if you want to see more. It is also possible to rent a bike, which gives you the opportunity to experience more of the beautiful nature.
- Norsk Landbruksmuseum (Norwegian Agriculture Museum), ☎ . A cozy museum with a café where you can enjoy traditional Norwegian bakery and a souvenir shop with gifts, books, honey, bakery, and agricultural products.
- The Leonardo da Vinci bridge located by Nygårdskrysset. The drawings of the bridge by Leonardo da Vinci made into real life by the Norwegian painter and artist Vebjørn Sand.
- Ås Church A beautiful little church made in 1867.
- The Park around the Norwegian University of Life Sciences A lovely place for walking, taking pictures, and relaxing.
- Tusenfryd Amusement park, ☎ .
- Azur - Sells clothes, shoes, bags, accessories, and also yarn and knitting supplies.
- Erik Johansen - Sells books, school supplies, toys, sports equipment, kitchen equipment, movies, and makeup.
- Stasjonskaféen, Brekkeveien 4
- Ikke Bare Texas Kafé, ☎ . Raveien 2,
- Babylon Pizza, ☎ . Brekkeveien 3H,
Lesestedet, ☎ +47 40852373 A very relaxing café where you can drink a cup of hot chocolate while reading a book. You may bring your own, rent one there, or buy one.