- 1 Bastø Fosen, Strandgata 18, 1531 Moss, ☏ . Every 30 minutes, 5AM-midnight. The ferry crossing to the town of Horten on the other side of the fjord takes 30 minutes.
- 2 Moss Train Station, Jernbanegt., 1500 Moss, ☏ . M-F 5:45AM-9PM, Sa 7:45AM-9PM, Su 9:45AM-10PM. The Oslo-Halden line (Østfoldbanen) and the Moss-Spikkestad line, both served by NSB , stop here.
Moss is served by Moss Airport, Rygge, which is located in the neighboring municipality of Rygge.
The railway Østfold Line runs through the city, stopping at Moss Station, which is the southern terminus of one service of the Oslo Commuter Rail and an intermediate stop for regional trains.
Moss connects across the Oslofjord to Horten via the Moss–Horten Ferry (Bastøferga). The 10.5 kilometres (6.5 mi) crossing of Oslofjord is performed with three double-ended ferries making the crossing in 30 minutes, with departures twice an hour. It is the most trafficked car ferry line in Norway.
Østfold Kollektivtrafikk (ØstfoldPublic Transport) operates the bus network in the whole region of Moss (Rygge, Råde and Våler in addition to Moss).
Taxi: Moss Taxi, ☏ (in Norway), (outside Norway). Good, but somewhat expensive taxi service (as in Norway in general)
- 1 Konventionsgården, Verket 22, 1534 Moss, ☏ . Historical ground.
- Møllebyen area. Former city center of Moss. Now a charming area composed of arts, culture and niche shops
- Alby gård. the oldest farm in Jeløy which has existed there since the viking age. The main building was constructed after a fire in 1866, and in 1963 the municipality bought the farm from the last private owner. One of the main attractions in Alby is Gallery F15, which rents the main building from the monicipality. The area of Alby has been a nature reserve since 1983. The nature reserve, which mostly consists of woods, beaches and walking path, is very popular amongst hikers and beach goers in the summer.
- Røed Farm, ☏ . A cultural gem on Jeløy
- Moss has numerous beaches and with some luck it's possible to find a beach to enjoy all by yourself.
- The surrounding area is also great for hikes, canoeing, boat cruises and outdoor activities as the city is adjacent to Vansjø (freshwater lake) and Jeløya.
- Shop til You Drop in the shops alongside the beautiful pedestrian street that runs straight through the heart of the city.
- 1 Rødsåsen nature reserve. located at the southwest tip of Jeløya within the Moss municipality. The top of the Rødsåsen nature reserve has a very good observation point of the Oslo fjord. On clear days you'll be able to see the ski slope in Holmenkollen from Rødsåsen.
- 2 Bjørnåsen nature reserve. located at the central-west part of Jeløya. The top of the Bjørnåsen nature reserve has a very good observation point of the Oslo fjord.
- 1 Restaurant Munch, Godset 5, 1518 (In Hotel Refsnes Gods.), ☏ . Renowned for its exquisite cuisine, personal service and "Award of Excellence" wine list.
- 2 [formerly dead link] Fiskebasaren, Jeløygaten 2, 1532, ☏ . Fish restaurant located right next to the canal in Moss.
- 3 Middelhavets kjøkken, Helgerødgata 2A, 1515, ☏ . Good tapas and Turkish food at good prices.
- 1 Hotel Refsnes Gods, Godset 5, 1518 Moss, ☏ .
- 2 Moss Hotel, Dronningensgate 21, 1530 Moss, ☏ .
- 3 Hotel Jeløy Radio, Jeløy Radio, 1519 Moss, ☏ .
|Routes through Moss|
|Oslo ← Ås ←||N SE||→ Sarpsborg → Gothenburg|