The busiest crossing of the Oslofjord runs east to Moss every half hour. 30 minutes, 28kr.
Even though the Vestfold Line does not pass through the Horten city proper, Skoppum station is inside the Horten municipality, and buses into Horten are often available. Another option is to use the station at Holmestrand.
Trains run about hourly, with more trains during the Monday-Friday morning and evening peak, and fewer on Saturdays and Sundays.
Most of Horten is within walking distance.
- 1 Midgardsenteret (Borrehaugen), Birkelyveien 9, 3182 Borre, ☏ . season: 1 may - 15 sept, daily open 11am - 4pm. Offpeak Th - Su open 11am - 4pm, Mo - We closed. New museum about history, religion and wars of the vikings, next to Borrehaugen, the viking cemetery. Cafeteria. Adult 60 NOK, child 40 NOK.
- 2 Marinemuseet (Royal Norwegian Navy Museum), Klincks vei 9 (Karljohansvern), ☏ . 12AM–4PM (October-April: Sundays only). Norway's most important naval museum, focuses on the period from the Gun Boat War in the early 19th century to World War II and the Cold War. Several museum ships.
- 3 Tordenskiold Oak. One of Norway's oldest and most legendary oak trees. Admiral Thordenskiold is said have moored in the tree.
- Klokkergården Studentboligtun, Sandeveien 5. Klokkergården Studentboligtun is a studenthousing complex. Founded in 1992.
- Horten Vandrerhjem, Borreveien 44/46, 3186 Borre, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Bed in dorm 350kr.
- Rørestrand Camping, Parkveien 34, 3186 Horten, ☏ . Check-in: Season 1 Mai - 15 Sept..
- 1 Borre Familie Camping, Steinbrygga 30, 3184 Borre, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: season 1 Mai - 31 Aug. offpeak contact: Tel. +47 33 04 81 98.
|Routes through Horten|
|Kristiansand ← Tønsberg ←||W E||→ Drammen → Oslo|