Óbidos village lies on both the A8 and A15 motorways.
The village is dominated by an old medieval castle with a portion of the village located within the fortress walls.
- Clock Tower
- Mother Church of Saint Mary
- Municipal Museum, located in the old Council Chamber House
- Walk the 1.5-km walls of the fortress
- a typical cherry liquor with a strong taste. You can buy small or medium bottles to drink or take home.
- Fátima — the city and the Marian shrine of the worldwide famous apparitions of the Virgin Mary
- Batalha — near Fátima is located the beautiful Monastery of Saint Mary of the Victory of the Battle
- Tomar — the city of the Knights Templar: it is highly recommended to visit the medieval castle and the Convent of Christ
- Alcobaça — monastery and excellent conventual sweets and pastries
- Nazaré — a lovely village that became an international surf spot and entered into the Guinness World Records for its gigantic sea waves
- Peniche and the Berlengas islands