Óbidos lies on both the A8 and A15 motorways.
The town is dominated by an old medieval fortress with a portion of the town located within the castle walls.
- Clock Tower
- Mother Church of Saint Mary
- Municipal Museum, located in the old Council Chamber House
- Walk the 1.5km walls of the fortress
- a typical cherry liquor with a strong taste. You can buy small or medium bottles to drink or take home.
- Berlengas islands off Peniche
- Caldas da Rainha – charming, unassuming city to experience authentic daily Portuguese life
- Óbidos Lagoon is located a short distance outside the town.