Alcamo Marina.is a seaside resort in Sicily in the territory of Alcamo (Trapani). It is characterized by a lot of holiday houses, where thousands of people from Alcamo are hosted together with tourists, attracted by its golden beaches (about 7 kilometres long) and from the possibility they have of visiting the near tourist resorts .
When to go
As it is a seaside resort, the best period for visiting this place is certainly summertime, especially in June and September; you can practice a lot of aquatic sports, and in the afternoon they organize various sport tournaments.
For the people who love tranquillity, jogging or biking, the best months are May and October: in fact since half September, Alcamo Marina begins to empty because vintage time starts and this is one of the greatest economic activities in the Alcamo area.
Alcamo Marina originated as a centre for tuna fishing, later, it was turned into a holiday resort and, as a consequence, restaurants, pizzerias, bars and entertainment places have risen in its neighbourhood.
- 1 Tourist's Office and URP (Citizens' Relations Office), Corso 6 Aprile,60 Alcamo (Near Piazza Ciullo), ☎ , , toll-free: , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. Mon-Fri 9:00-13:00, Mon and Wed 15:30-18:30.
- 2 Palermo-Punta Raisi Airport (Aeroporto Falcone e Borsellino), ☎ . You can reach Alcamo Marina, at about 42 km, through the A29 Motorway (towards Trapani, junction for Alcamo Est). The airport is linked by train or shuttle bus to Alcamo Marina (Castellammare del Golfo railway station at 2 km from it). You can get the http://www.rome2rio.com/it/s/Aeroporto-Palermo-PMO/Alcamo-Marina--Italia train going from Punta Raisi to Castellammare del Golfo railway station. From this airport there are home and international flights and several low cost connections; many touristic and charter flights in summer.
- 3 Trapani-Birgi Airport (Aeroporto Vincenzo Florio), contrada Birgi, Trapani (54 km from Alcamo), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can arrive to Alcamo Marina through the A29 Motorway Trapani-Punta Raisi and going out at the junction for Alcamo Est. Shuttle bus services are carried out by Terravision and Salemi for Trapani and Palermo. From and to Trapani Birgi there are home, European and low cost" flights. Seasonal touristic flights also in summer.
There are also taxi and shuttle bus services from Palermo and Trapani airports as far as Alcamo (for information phone: Gabellone Viaggi e turismo, Viale Italia, 31, phone: +39 0924 505955). .
- (from Naples,Civitavecchia,Leghorn,Genoa,Tunis to Palermo), ☎ . 08:00-21:00.
- Linea Tirrenia (Cagliari-Trapani), ☎ .
- Linea Grimaldi (Tunis-Trapani), ☎ .
- Linea Ustica Lines (Leghorn-Trapani), ☎ .
- Siremar (Egadi Islands and Pantelleria), ☎ .
- Traghetti delle Isole, via Ammiraglio Staiti, 23, ☎ .
- Ustica Lines (Hovercraft for the Egadi Islands, Pantelleria, Ustica and Naples), ☎ .
You can reach Alcamo Marina from Palermo and Trapani by taking the A29 Motorway Palermo-Mazara as far as the junction Alcamo Est (about 50 km) or Castellammare del Golfo junction or taking the National Road 187 which runs along all over the Castellammare Gulf. If you want to go to Alcamo Marina there are two main roads from Alcamo: the Provincial Road 55 (SP55) for the Canalotto-Calatubo areas and the Provincial Road 47 (SP47 Scampati) which arrives at Magazzinazzi. Besides, if you take the National Road 187 (SS187) you can arrive both from Balestrate and Castellammare del Golfo.
The railway line crosses Alcamo Marina: the nearest railway station is Castellammare del Golfo (at about 2 km from it); the station is on the railway line Palermo-Trapani.
From Palermo you can get the following buses:
- AST (Azienda Siciliana Trasporti), via Virgilio, 20 Trapani (per Palermo), ☎ , fax: .
- Autoservizi Lumia (Agrigento-Trapani), ☎ .
- Autoservizi Russo, Corso Garibaldi 210,Castellammare del Golfo, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com.
- Autoservizi Salemi (Roma - Trapani), Via Salemi, 97, Marsala, ☎ .
- Segesta autolinee (Palermo - Trapani), Via Libertà, 171 Palermo, ☎ , , , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Segesta autolinee (Roma - Trapani), Via Libertà, 171 Palermo, ☎ , , e-mail: email@example.com.
- Tarantola bus, Via Marina Petrolo, 16 Castellammare del Golfo, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4 Low Cost Autonoleggio, Via Stazione s.n. (opposite the railway station), ☎ (Ezio), e-mail: email@example.com.
You can also use taxi services from Alcamo.
If you want to go to Alcamo Marina there are two main roads from Alcamo: the Provincial Road 55 (SP55) for the Canalotto-Calatubo areas, and the Provincial Road 47 (SP47 Scampati) which arrives at Magazzinazzi. Besides, if you take the National Road 187 (SS187) you can arrive both from Balestrate and Castellammare del Golfo. Owing to the length of this locality, it is a little difficult to reach the outskirts like Calatubo (on the east) and contrada Magazzinazzi and Foggia where you can visit the ancient Roman Furnaces dated 100 B.C. (on the west side), so the best ways to travel long distances are by car, motorbike or bicycle.
At present there are a few parking areas: in Piazzale Canalotto, in Piazzale Battigia, near Castellammare railway station or along Via del Mare. They are going to open private parking areas in a short time and complete the cycle and pedestrian lanes along Via del Mare, next to the railway (on the west side). Every year from 15th June until the end of September there is a bus service connecting Alcamo with all the areas of Alcamo Marina.
For information on car rentals, see the article on Alcamo .
- 1 Chiesa di Santa Maria della Stella ("Stella Maris"), in Via del Mare. It is located near the beach and is open all the year. The facade, opposite the sea, is enriched by a mosaic which represents Our Lady of the Star.
- 2 Roman Furnaces, contrada Foggia-Magazzinazzi (a right turning of the Provincial Road SP47). The furnaces that Romans used to make tiles, bricks and amphoras were discovered 10 years ago further to the excavations. This very important archeological site is located near the river mouth.
- 3 Le Dune (the dunes), on the Calatubo beach area.. You can admire the very beautiful spontaneous flowers growing on the sand and the dunes formed under the winds’ action: characteristic mounds of sand modelled and scattered on the ground.
- 4 Fossilandia, contrada Calatubo - Alcamo Marina, ☎ , . The site, run by the cultural association "Geochelone sp. Attività culturali – Turismo & Servizi", hosts also a paleontological park. The Associatione is named after the giant turtle of Pleistocene, whose eggs were found in the Travertino marble quarries in Alcamo about 30 years ago. You can visit Fossilandia and take part in the various laboratories and activities by booking.
- 1 Centro Benessere Moving, Contrada Sasi-Calatubo, Alcamo, ☎ . It is placed on two floors and offers: an equipped gym and a health and beauty centre, a dance and karate school, a squash court, a bar-pizzeria, a lounge bar, several recreational activities, such as table-tennis and table football and an internet point.
- 2 Centro Ippico "Lo Sperone", Contrada Sasi, Alcamo, ☎ , , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Restaurant, manège,trekking. It organizes also horse riding excursions to Alcamo Marina, passing by Calatubo’s Castle, Balestrate’s wood and Alcamo Marina’s beach.
- 3 Vivilbosco, La Funtanazza on Monte Bonifato (Reserve Mount Bonifato), ☎ . Excursions, trekking, guided visits to discover Mount Bonifato (plants, animals, archeology) and the Reserve.
- 4 Alcamo Estate, Piazzale la Battigia and Canalotto. July-August: sagras, music, open-air theatre, exhibitions.
- 5 Maria Santissima Assunta, Chiesa Stella Maris – Alcamo Marina. Our Lady's Assumption Feast: procession in Alcamo Marina’s centre.
- 6 Ferragosto at the Beach, Piazzale Canalotto - Alcamo Marina. 21:00.
- 1 Gran Caffe Paziente, 2298, Viadotto Canalotto, ☎ , . Bar,Pastries, Gastronomy, Tobacconist, Lotto, Newsagent.
- 2 Bar Windsurf, Contrada Calatubo (called zona Aleccia), ☎ . Bar WindSurf is a Tobacconist and newsagent. You can taste the specialities of this area, snack bars, pizzas,cassatelle, cannoli, Sicilian cassatas and hand-made Ice-cream.
- 1 La Battigia, Lungomare La Battigia, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Restaurant and hotel. In the menu you will find fresh fish and local meat. The cuisine is very good; there is a large choice of typical wines and sweets.
- 2 La Capannina, Contrada Tonnara, ☎ , . Trattoria, Sandwiches, Sea Specialities, Mussels, Octopus etc.
- 3 La Lanterna, National Road 187 S. S. 187 n.1918 (km 47.500), ☎ . Opens in summer. Restaurant-pizzeria. € 20.
- 4 Ristorante-Pizzeria " Fiore al Mare ", National Road 187 (S. S. 187) 798, ☎ , . Restaurant-pizzeria.
- 5 Summertime Cafè, Via del Mare,1453 - S.S.187 (Level crossing at Battigia), ☎ . Bar, confectionery, ice-cream, sandwiches, snack bars, first courses, wine bar, lounge bar, tobacconist, beach items.
- 6 Sunshine Ristorante Pizzeria, Piazzale Canalotto, ☎ , .
- 7 Taverna del Carrettiere, SS187 n.1435 (near Chiesa Stella Maris), ☎ . Restaurant with a traditional cuisine.
- 8 La Fontana Restaurant - Pizzeria, Strada Statale 187, n° 798 (opposite the railway station of castellammare del Golfo), ☎ , , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 17:00–02:00. The restaurant has outdoor tables in a terrace facing the beach. In the evening (except at weekends) and on Sunday at lunch you can eat with a fixed menu (based on meat or fish). It is better booking if you want to seat in the outdoor area. 1 € 18/30.
- 1 Binario 187, Contrada Magazzinazzi (next to the railway station of Castellammare del Golfo), ☎ . 8:00-24:00. Pub, pizzeria, swimming pool.
- 2 Lido BluWater, Lungomare Battigia, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Bar- Snacks - deckchairs and beach umbrellas rent- toilets and showers- bathing huts-aquatic sports: sails hobie cat, windsurf, surf, canoa, watre skiing, diving, pedalo, nautical charter. Fitness center - Beach Volley - Beach Tennis - Tam Beach.
- 3 Lido Greg, Contrada Calatubo Livigni, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Services: showers, toilets, children's playing ground, bathing huts, rescue service, Wifi, a large car park and fully equipped area. The restaurant service includes: first courses, sandwiches, salads, grilled food, ice-cream.
- 4 Tyrrhenian Beach Village, contrada Magazzinazzi SS187 n° 789 (near the railway station of Castellammare del Golfo), ☎ , , , e-mail: email@example.com.. Lido and bistrot. The resort will has a relax area, bar, solarium and private beach with cabins and showers. There is a large car-park, and at 100 metres.
- 1 B&B Accomodation Villa Rosa, S.S. 187, ☎ , . Apartment in a small villa very near to the sea with four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a liviing room with a kitchen and a Tv set, two verandas with a sea view, car park, garden.
- 2 B&B Casa Laura, on a turning of National Road S.S. 187. Check-in: 14:00-18:00, check-out: 09:10:00. Near the beach of Alcamo Marina, Casa Laura has a sea view and balcony. The accomodation includes: an independent kitchen with oven, living room with Tv and washing machine. Free car park. € 50 (for 4 people).
- 3 B&B Elisa, Via Aurora Boreale, Alcamo Marinale 1433 (Near the Church), ☎ , . The rooms have Tv, air conditioning, free Wifi and private bathroom with a shower. There is a restaurant too: breakfast includes hot drinks, croissants and snack bars. € 45-80.
- 4 B&B Il Giardino, Contrada Scampati 182 (on the Provincial Road 47 - S.P.47). It has free Wifi, TV, aria conditioning, private bathroom with hair dryer, fitness area and a garden with barbecue. Every morning you can have a salt or sweet breakfast with local products, hot or cold drinks. € 54.
- 5 B&B Le Vele, Contrada Canalotto 2360. The flats have got free WiFi and TV, in some rooms there is also a living area to relax, in the other ones a terrace or a balcony. Outside there are a barbecue and a free car park. € 420 a settimana (4 persone).
- 6 Casa Giulietta, Via 109 n. 62 (500 metres from Piazzale Canalotto). Check-in: 13:00, check-out: 09:00. A flat with two bedroom, living room, kitchen, Tv and washing machine, two bathrooms and averanda with a sea view. Free car park. Little animals are allowed. Minimum stay three nights. € 60 (per 5-6 persone).
- 7 Casa Vacanza il Mandarino, Via 139/A Contrada Alcamo Marina (Ponte dei ricchi), ☎ , , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 11:00, check-out: 10:00. At about 300 metres from the beach and with a sea view, the flat for 5 people includes 2 bedrooms and bathroom with a shower, a washing machine, an independent kitchen, Tv and a barbecue. The atmosphere is quite familiar and animals are allowed. € 50 (minimum stay 3 nights).
- 8 Casevacanza Soleluna, contrada calatubo,176, ☎ , , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 15:00-24:00, check-out: 07:00-11:00. A house with flats located near the beach. The rooms have air conditioning, Wifi, Tv, living room, kitchen. There are showers inside and outside, a barbecue and a garden. Free car park. Animals are allowed and you can have breakfast in your room on request. € 64 (per 4 persone).
- 9 Casa Vacanze Azalea, Contrada Calatubo, 175 Alcamo Marina. Check-in: 14:30, check-out: 10:00. Two flats at 100 metres from the beach with terrace, showers and barbecue outdoor, a living room with a Tv set and a kitchen. Free car park. You have to pay for Wifi (3 euros a day). € 55 (for 3 people).
- 10 Villa Antonella, contrada Magazzinazzi (Behind Castellammare railway station). Villa at about 100 metres from the sea with 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, car park, garden and barbecue.Linen supplied and animals allowed. € 71 for 8-10 people.
- 11 Affittacamere Francesca, Right turning of Sp47 Provincial Road (Half a mile from Castellammare railway station), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. It has a free car park. In the rooms there are: air conditioning, free Wifi, Tv and private bathroom. On request you can have Sicilian specialities for dinner. €65-€75.
- 12 Affittacamere Windsurf, zona Aleccia (Contrada Calatubo), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. The rooms and flats have got all comforts; there is a private beach too. You can easily reach Balestrate or Castellammare (10 km) or the natural reserve "Lo Zingaro" (25 km far). €280-€ 550 a week.
- 13 Casa Terra di Luce. Check-in: 12:00-16:00, check-out: 08:00-10:00. A villa
- 14 La Battigia (On the beach of Alcamo Marina), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The hotel, in a wonderful position on the free beach of Alcamo Marina and direct access to the sea, is located at a few kilometres from Alcamo and Castelllammare del Golfo. There are 26 comfortable rooms with frigobar, safe, Wifi, conditioned air and independent central heating, Sky Tv and hair- drier. Several rooms have a terraced balcony with a marvellous view of the Gulf of Castellammare. Its beautiful terrace, with a swimming pool, a restaurant and coffee-bar, is the ideal place where you can taste drinks and snacks while enjoying an enchanting landscape. Breakfast is rich and various. €60-€100.
- 15 Residence 5 Lune, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 02:00 P.M., check-out: 9:00 A.M.. € 861 a week (for 8 people).
- 16 Villino Kalat (zona Calatubo opposite via Panarea)). € 86 ( for 4 people).
- 5 First Aid Station (Guardia medica estiva), Via del Mare (near Bar Paziente Canalotto (S.S.187)), ☎ .
If you need other services you can refer to Alcamo.
The post offices serving Alcamo Marina are on Alcamo's Wikivoyage page.
As for the Internet service, just refer to the same section in the article on Alcamo.
Riserva Naturale Bosco d'Alcamo
Castellammare del Golfo
From Alcamo Marina you can easily go and visit Erice, a small and characteristic medieval town, and the ancient town of Segesta, with its temple and amphitheatre where they hold concerts and plays in summer.
Besides, it is a few kilometres far from the wonderful and uncontaminated natural reserve of "Lo Zingaro" at Scopello. You can also go to San Vito Lo Capo and the Egadi Isles(by taking s ship from Trapani).