Alipurduar is in North Bengal.
Alipurduar is located in the north-east corner of West Bengal, bordering on Bhutan and Assam. It is the headquarters Alipurduar district. The area is in eastern Dooars, Himalayan foothills, with thick forests and a variety of wildlife. The entire region exudes great scenic beauty.
Alipurduar Junction railway station is on the New Jalpaiguri-Alipurduar-Samuktala Road line (originally metre gauge but later converted to broad gauge) and New Alipurduar railway station is on the New Jalpaiguri-Guwahati main line (broad gauge) with a variety of options for trains from all over India.
Alipurduar is on National Highway 31D, with links to NH 31 and NH 31C. This means easy access to the rest of North Bengal and the North-east. Large number of buses ply on these routes.
- Buxa Tiger Reserve (Located in Buxa National Park - marked on the map). Buxa Tiger Reserve is located near Alipurduar in the eastern Dooars. Amongst wildlife in the tiger reserve are tiger, leopard (black panther also), elephant, clouded leopard, Himalayan black bear, barking deer, gaur, pangolin, and python.
- Buxa Fort, Buxaduar, Rajabhatkhawa Gram Panchayet, Kalchini block (The Motorable Road ended at Santrabari Range Office of Buxa Tiger Reserve. From Santrabari one have to trek 4.9 km (1 hour) via Sadar Bazar.), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Buxa Fort was conquered after the Dooars Bhutan war in 1865. The fort was primarily used as a military barracks, to protect the Indo-Bhutan border. Later used as detainment camp (1931-1939 & 1942 -1947) for Indian Freedom Fighters. The 2 km2 fort is the symbol of Indian Freedom Movement.
- 1 Rajabhatkhawa (15 km from Alipurduar). It has a railway station on the New Jalpaiguri-Alipurduar-Samuktala line and is also connected by road. Nature Interpretation Centre and Tiger Rescue Centre are points of interest at Rajabhatkhawa.2 Jainti (Jayanti) (30 km from Alipurduar. Also approachable from Rajabhatkhawa). Exotic scenic beauty at the foot of the Bhutan Hills, Rich variety of wild life.
- 3 Rasik Beel (South of Kamakhyaguri, about 34 km from Alipurduar). Rasik Beel is a wet land complex (in Bengali, beel means large water body) and bird sanctuary, with such birds as lesser whistling teal, common teal, cotton teal, dapchick, bronze winged jacana, pheasant-tailed janacana, shoveler, barheaded goose, white-eyed poacherd etc. A 70 feet high watch tower has been constructed by Coochbehar Forest Division. There is a mini zoo at Rasik Beel, with tortoise, gharial, leopard, spotted deer, peafowl and other inmates.
- Restaurant Parivar, Hotel Sinchula, Puran Bazar, ☏ .
- Kanchanjangha Tourist Lodge, BG Road, ☏ . ₹100-₹1,200.
- Hotel Dooars Mountain, Buxa Feeder Road, Shanti Nagar, ☏ .
- Repose Hotel, Station Road, ☏ .
- Hotel Elite, Alipurduar Chowpati, ☏ .
- Hotel Sinchula, Puran Bazar, ☏ , , ✉ email@example.com. ₹150-₹2,600.
- Hotel Shivam, Samuktala Road (Near M.N.Bus Terminus), ☏ .
Accommodation outside of Alipurduar
- Forest Rest House, Buxa Tiger Reserve, ☏ .
- Eco Development Guest House, Buxa Duar. It is a 16 beds dormitory, at an altitude of 2600 ft, run by local Eco Development Committee for Buxa Duar.
- Leo House, Rajabhatkawa, ☏ . 3 rooms with total six beds
- Tiger Lodge, Rajabhatkhawa, ☏ . 2 rooms with total four beds
- PHE Bungalow, Jainti (On the bank of Jayanti river), ☏ . 3 double-bedded rooms and dormitory with six beds