Alipurduar is in North Bengal.
Alipurduar is located in the north-east corner of West Bengal, bordering on Bhutan and Assam. It is the headquarters Alipurduar district. The area is in eastern Dooars, Himalayan foothills, with thick forests and a variety of wildlife. The entire region exudes great scenic beauty.
Alipurduar Junction railway station is on the New Jalpaiguri-Alipurduar-Samuktala Road line (originally metre gauge but later converted to broad gauge) and New Alipurduar railway station is on the New Jalpaiguri-Guwahati main line (broad gauge) with a variety of options for trains from all over India.
Alipurduar is on National Highway 31D, with links to NH 31 and NH 31C. This means easy access to the rest of North Bengal and the North-east. Large number of buses ply on these routes.
- Buxa Tiger Reserve (Located in Buxa National Park - marked on the map). Buxa Tiger Reserve is located near Alipurduar in the eastern Dooars. Amongst wildlife in the tiger reserve are tiger, leopard (black panther also), elephant, clouded leopard, Himalayan black bear, barking deer, gaur, pangolin, and python.
- Buxa Duar (Marked on the map) (15 km trek from Jayanti). During British rule freedom fighers were imprisoned in Buxa Fort
- 1 Rajabhatkhawa (15 km from Alipurduar). It has a railway station on the New Jalpaiguri-Alipurduar-Samuktala line and is also connected by road. Nature Interpretation Centre and Tiger Rescue Centre are points of interest at Rajabhatkhawa.
- 2 Jayanti (30 km from Alipurduar. Also approachable from Rajabhatkhawa). Exotic scenic beauty at the foot of the Bhutan Hills, Rich variety of wild life.
- 3 Rasik Beel (South of Kamakhyaguri). Situated about 34 km from Alipurduar, Rasik beel is a wet land complex. In Bengali beel means large water body. A recognised bird sanctuary it has such birds as lesser whistling teal, common teal, cotton teal, dapchick, bronze winged jacana, pheasant-tailed janacana, shoveler, barheaded goose, white-eyed poacherd etc. A 70 feet high watch tower has been constructed by Coochbehar Forest Division. There is a mini zoo at Rasik beel, with tortoise, gharial, leopard, spotted deer, peafowl and other inmates.
- [dead link] Restaurant Parivar, Hotel Sinchula, Puran Bazar, ☎ .
- Hotel Elite, Alipurduar Chowpati, ☎ .
- [dead link] Hotel Sinchula, Puran Bazar, ☎ , . ₹150-₹2,600.
- Hotel Shivam, Samuktala Road (Near M.N.Bus Terminus), ☎ .
At nearby tourist spots
- Kanchanjangha Tourist Lodge, BG Road, ☎ . ₹100-₹1,200.
- Hotel Dooars Mountain, Buxa Feeder Road, Shanti Nagar, ☎ .
- Repose Hotel, Station Road, ☎ .
At nearby tourist spots
- Forest Rest House, Buxa Tiger Reserve, ☎ .
- Eco Development Guest House, Buxa Duar. It is a 16 beds dormitory, at an altitude of 2600 ft, run by local Eco Development Committee for Buxa Duar.
- Leo House, Rajabhatkawa, ☎ . 3 rooms with total six beds
- Tiger Lodge, Rajabhatkhawa, ☎ . 2 rooms with total four beds
- PHE Bungalow, Jainti (On the bank of Jayanti river), ☎ . 3 double-bedded rooms and dormitory with six beds