Jump to navigation Jump to search
Scenic Highway 19 travels through national forests and crosses several scenic rivers. U.S. Highway 160 from West Plains, Missouri or Poplar Bluff, Missouri.
Nearby Thayer, Missouri has a small airport.
- Eleven Point National Wild and Scenic River is a well preserved stream through some of Missouri's most unspoiled forest.
- Irish Wilderness is the largest wilderness area in Missouri.
- Mark Twain National Forest. Oregon County contains more national forest land than any other county in Missouri and you will find great seclusion and natural beauty here.
- Float or fish the Eleven Point River.
- See Greer Spring.
- Hike the Ozark Trail along the Eleven Point River.
- Benita's Cafe, 4 Court Sq, ☎ . Delicious lunch specials and evening buffets.
- Burger Palace, 304 Market Street, ☎ . Locallly owned burger place with delicious milkshakes and ice cream treats.
- Grandma's Kitchen, 14 Ct Sq, ☎ . Downhome cooking. Best place in town for breakfast. Where the locals gather for coffee.
- River's Edge Fish & Grill, Hwy 99, ☎ . A few miles out of Alton at the head of the Eleven Point River in the peaceful community of Thomasville.
- The Beer Shed, Hwy 160, ☎ . Locally owned package store providing all your float trip, trail ride, and hunting camp needs.
- Eleven Point Cottages, At the Junction of US Hwy 160 & State Hwy 19, ☎ . Locally owned cottages provide comfort while visiting area attractions. $65+ per night.
- Alton Motel, 401 Market Street, ☎ . Affordable accommodations. $40+ per night.
Campgrounds, Canoe Rentals, and Guides
- Eleven Point Canoe Rental. Offers canoe and kayak rentals, flyfishing guide services in a custom driftboat, and cottage rentals.
- Hufstedler's Canoe Rental.
- Richard's Canoe Rental.
|Routes through Alton|
|Springfield ← West Plains ←||W E||→ Poplar Bluff → Ends at|
|Cuba ← Eminence ← Jct ←||N S||→ Thayer → Ends at|