Jump to navigation Jump to search
U.S. Hwy 63 is the primary corridor into the town. Thayer is the southernmost point of Scenic Highway 19 which travels through national forests and crosses several scenic rivers.
Thayer has a small airport.
- Grand Gulf State Park. Is a collapsed cave system exposing a great example of the karst systems underlying the Ozark region. Walk through a natural bridge and into the mouth of a cave that serves as the gulf's drain system toward an underground river that arises at Mammoth Spring in nearby Arkansas.
- Warm Fork of the Spring River is a lesser known Ozark stream that provides opportunities for fishing, swimming, and floating w/o the crowds downstream when it joins the Mammoth Spring spring branch in Arkansas and forms the popular Spring River.
- Fin and Fur offers a large assortment of hunting, fishing, camping supplies, and apparel.
- Shop flea markets.
- The Country Cottage, 720 Missouri 19, ☎ . Locally owned old-fashioned food.
- The Beverage Shoppe, US Hwy 63, ☎ . Locally owned package store providing all your float trip and hunting camp needs.
- Mammoth Spring Lodge Motel, U.S. 63 South, ☎ . Accommodations near Mammoth Spring, Arkansas
- Riverview Motel, 423 U.S. 63, ☎ . Accommodations overlooking Spring River in Mammoth Spring, Arkansas.
|Routes through Thayer|
|Jefferson City ← West Plains ←||N S||→ Mammoth Spring → Jonesboro|
|Cuba ← Alton ←||N S||→ END|