SH-35 business cuts right through down town. From I-45, exit Telephone Rd. and go south until you see Alvin.
Car. Only car. This is near-rural Texas!
- Nolan Ryan fans be sure to catch the statue of him. The McDonald's on Highway 35 at the south end of Alvin is replete with Nolan Ryan garb.
- Alvin Museum Society, 302 W Sealy St. More depictions of Nolan Ryan and history of Alvin in general, that it was a sundown town and all that. Tel: +1 281-331-4469. Tu-Sa 10:45AM-3PM.
- Bayou Wildlife Zoo, 5050 FM-517, ☏ . seasonal. See animals, take a trailer tour. Free admission for children under 2.
Pecans fallen from the trees. They're addictive!
- La Tapatia (at SH-35 business and E. House.). A small taqueria chain with affordable Mexican food with a nice environment! $5.
- Joe's Barbeque Company, 1400 E Hwy 6, ☏ . Daily 10:30AM-8PM. Chicken fried steak and peach cobbler and buffet on weekends. $.
Brazoria county is a "wet" county. It used to be "damp" which meant you could only buy beer with low alcohol content. The availability is still somewhat lacking, so consider going to Galveston County for a better selection.
- Scottish Inns & Suites, 900 E Hwy 6. Has an aquarium in the lobby. Tel: +1 281-331-7900. $56 (Jan 2022)
|Routes through Alvin|
|Houston ← Sugar Land ←||N S||→ merges into → Galveston|
|Corpus Christi ← Bay City ←||S N||→ Pearland → Houston|