- 1 Alvin
- 2 Bay City
- 3 Baytown
- 4 Clute
- 5 Galveston
- 6 Houston and its surrounding metropolitan area.
- 7 Palacios
- 8 Sugar Land
- 9 Surfside
- 1 Brazos Bend State Park
- Bryan Beach
- Galveston Island - An interesting city, numerous Gulf beaches that attract distinctively different crowds, and a naturally vegetated barrier island state park.
- Lake Texana
The three national wildlife refuges on the Texas coast, Brazoria, San Bernard and Big Boggy, form a vital complex of coastal wetlands harboring more than 300 bird species.
- 2 Brazoria National Wildlife Refuge
- 3 San Bernard National Wildlife Refuge
- 4 Big Boggy National Wildlife Refuge
The North Barrier Coast runs from the north side of Lavaca Bay, across from Port Lavaca, north past Houston and Galveston to the east side of Galveston Bay. It covers territory up to around 80 miles inland, including many small communities along US 59/ I-69, for example.