Amarkanan is small town with picturesque hills and dam/ reservoir in its vicinity
- 1 Amarkanan.
Amarkanan is on the Raniganj/Mejia - Bankura sector of National Highway 14/State Highway 8
South Bengal State Transport Corporation buses and private minibuses are available via Amarkanan from Bankura (22 km) and Durgapur (39 km).
- 1 Koro Hills (near Amarkanan). It is 400 feet high
- 2 Gangdua Dam (4 km from Amamrkanan and 28 km from Bankura). 4,900 feet dam across Shali River, with a scenic reservoir behind it.
- Sri Ram Krishna Seva Dal Ashram, Amarkanan. The place was associated with the Indian independence movement. Great leaders such as Mahatma Gandhi and Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose visited the place. Kazi Nazrul Islam composed a song Amarkanan moder Amarkanan while staying here.
- Koro Hills. Trekking and Picnic
- Gangdua Dam. Popular picnic spot
- 1 Sri Ramkrishna Seva Dal Ashram Guest House.
- Forest Bungalow. For Booking contact: District Forest Officer, North Division, Bankura