Susunia is in Bankura district.
Susunia is a hill (1,200 ft). It is a place of archaeological interest and a rock climbing centre.
It is believed that there earlier was a fort built by King Chandravarman. Some 4th century inscriptions are there, referring to a place called Pushkarana, once the capital of King Chandravarman. Modern-day Pakhanna, a village in Bankura district, is considered to be ancient Pushkarana. Some animal fossils were discovered at Susunia.
There is an ancient carved monolith (Narasingha stone) standing at the point where the spring water is coming out of another curved stone projected spout.
It is a picnic spot for people residing in the surrounding areas.
It is 10 km North-East of Chhatna which is 13 km from Bankura town on the Bankura-Purulia road. Those who are coming from Durgapur or along NH 2 can cross Durgapur Barrage and turn right at Barjora morh to get on to the Bankura-Purulia road. It is about 270 km from Kolkata.
- 1 Susunia Pahar.
- 1 Dhara. The spring water is believed to have medicinal properties
- Gandheswari. Rivulet flowing over the rocks
- 2 Shilalipi. 4th century stone inscription of King Chandravarman free.
- Enjoy the beauty of the place.
- Take photographs.
- Observe nature.
- It's a popular birding spot.
Two villages in the vicinity of Susunia have Dhokra craftsmen - Netkamla in the Saltora police station area and Bindhyajam in the Chhatna police station area.
- Jharuda's eatery (near Bus Stop).
- Mineral water can be bought.
- Tea or coffee stalls available.
- 1 Aranyak, ☏ , . It is maintained by Susunia Gram Panchayat. It has four rooms, one AC, one non AC, one with common bath and a dormitory type with three beds.
- 2 Forest Guest House.
- 3 Kole Guest House.
Note: The Chhatna-Susunia Road is not properly marked on the map. Aranyak is right on the road. Forest Guest House and Kole Guest House are to the west of the road and not on the east, as shown in the map.
- Suvam Hotel, Muruthbaha Eco Park, Susunia, ☏ , , , ✉ email@example.com. AC and Non-AC cottages
- 4 Red Rock Resort, Jamthol, Jhunjhka, ☏ . Luxury Resort near Susunia
- Youth Hostel. Booking: Directorate of Youth Services, 32/1, B.B.D. Bag (South), Standard Building, 2nd floor, Kolkata- 700001. Ph. No. 91 33 2248 0626, 2265 3231, 2210 6767. OR Try online booking through the website given here,
- Susunia Hill Resort - Murut Baha, Susunia-Chhatna Road.