Amherst is just off the Trans-Canada Highway 104, a few kilometers south of the provincial border with New Brunswick. The city is accessed through the following highway exits: LaPlanche St (if coming from the west), Victoria St or Albion St. You can also enter Amherst from the Sunrise Trail (Route 6) to the east, which links to Victoria Street.
The main streets in Amherst are Albion St, Church St and Victoria St. Church St intersects with Victoria St and Albion St, and both Victoria and Albion St intersect with Highway 104, so you can usually find your way around if you know these three streets. Albion St, where most of the restaurants and shops are, represents up-town. Church St and Victoria St (downtown) have most of the artisan shops, diners and history.
- Cumberland County Museum, 150 Church St.
- First Baptist Church, 66 Victoria Street East, ☎ . circa 1898
- Dayles Grand Market, 129 Victoria Street East, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Formerly "Dayles Department Store", now home to an assortment of boutiques
- Farmer's market
- Station Street flea marke
- Search for treasures at the Frenchy's on LaPlanche Street.
- The local mall and Walmart are on Robert Angus and the John Black Rd (which are the same street)
- Duncan's Pub, 49 Victoria Street East, ☎ . M-W 11am-10pm, Th 11am-midnight, F 11am-1am, Sa 11am-11pm, Su noon-10pm.
- Cinders Steakhouse, 85 Victoria Street East, ☎ .
- 1 Bambinos Pizzeria, 12 Prince Arthur Street, ☎ .
- As well as many chain restaurants such as McDonalds, Wendys, Tim Hortons etc.
- The Regent Bed & Breakfast, 175 East Victoria St, ☎ , toll-free: , e-mail: email@example.com.
- Comfort Inn.
- Super 8 Motel.
- Brown's Guesthome.
- 1 Joggins Fossil Cliffs, Joggins Fossil Centre, 100 Main St, Joggins, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: . Fossil records dating from 310 million years ago. Joggins Fossil Centre open seasonally, guided tours from half-hour to four hours of the cliffs.
|Routes through Amherst|
|Rimouski ← Moncton ←||W E||→ Truro → Halifax|
|Moncton ← Aulac ← becomes ←||W E||→ Springhill → Truro|
|END ←||N S||→ Springhill → Truro|
|END ←||W E||→ Pictou → END|