- For other places with the same name, see Bar (disambiguation).
The Old Town of Bar, which is 4km far from the coast, is the most significant among the numerous cultural-historical monuments, what witnesses to the turbulent history of this town. The remnants of the town are deaf witnesses of numerous conquerors and different cultures. In Bar there are tourist facilities, restaurants, sport fields, trade and a marina with 1050 berths.
Bar is a touristy city but mostly in summer. Off season (i.e., outside of the period going roughly from May to September), virtually everything will be closed (cafés, restaurants, hotels, and of course tourist information centers).
Alternatively, take an one-hour drive by a car. It is possible to reach Podgorica airport through a taxi service. A transfer should cost €30 for a vehicle up to four passengers, and €60 for a minvan up to eight passengers. [Taxis from Tivat to Bar would charge €40 for a sedan and €75 for a minivan.
- 1 Željeznička stanica (Railway station), ☎ . both day and night trains departing from Belgrade and Podgorica. Trains can often be slower than buses and those arriving in Bar (the end of the line) are almost always extremely late (from 20mn to more than an hour) because of delays in other places.
- 2 Ship terminal. Daily ferries operated by Montengro Lines to/from Bari, Italy departing at 10PM and arriving at 7:00 and costing 56 euros and up. The company also operates bi-weekly ferries to/from Ancona, Italy.
- 3 Autobuska stanica (Bus station) (2 km from centre, 300 m from train station), ☎ . Frequent buses operate along the coast to Budva, Tivat (for the airport) and Kotor. The journey to Podgorica takes a little over an hour, journeys to Ulcinj take about 30 minutes and journeys north to Budva and Kotor take one hour and just under two hours respectively. If you're heading to Bar's beaches in Susanj then you can ask to be let off the buses (for those coming from Podgorica, Budva and Kotor) in Susanj rather than having to walk all the way back from the bus station.
During the summer months there is a local bus service running between Sutomare (about 5km north along the coast) and Bar. Services are hourly. Bar is a small city and everywhere is walkable. The walk between Bar and the beaches in Susanj will take about 30 minutes or taxi drivers will be happy to take you.
- Taxi Bar, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 24h. minivan transfers, airport transfer services Tivat airport 40eur, Podgorica airport 30eur, Tirana 105eur, Dubrovnik 110eur.
- Car rentals
- A URBAN Car Rentals-Bar, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. economy cars from 35eur day, private driver car rentals, rent a minivan with driver 110eur day
- A Marker Car Rental-Bar, ☎ .
- Stari Bar (Bar Old Town). A great set of ruins of churches and mosques, a few kilometers from the current Bar. A taxi from the city center to Stari Bar shouldn't cost more than 4€. 2€ (discounts for children).
- Bar Fortress.
- The Oldest Olive tree in the world. Between 2000 and 2500 years old
- Port of Bar. See a lot of great ships, beautiful yachts and small fishing boats.
- Beaches in Susanj. Cleaner water and more space a short walk along the promenade north of the city centre
- Konoba SPILJA (Old Town). Traditional Dalmatian and Sestan Food.
- Pizzeria Pulena.
- Restaurant Samba, J Tomasevica 41, ☎ . Partly inside, partly on a terrace with amazing mountain views. Popular with locals. Pricey.
- Tajana (Old Town). Garden restaurant with tables inside and outside.
- Sunce, nacionalna kuc'a, ul. Rista Lekic'a, ☎ . 8:00 - 21:00. Home made national food. Inexpensive, for travelers on a budget, backpackers.
- Carpe Diem.
- Caffebar Holywood.
- La Esquina.
- Hostel Montenegro-Bar, Celuga Polje Bar (1km from the center of the city and port, 2 km from the train station and just 50m from the beach Zukotrlica), e-mail: email@example.com. Open all year round. Clean rooms.
- [dead link]Villa Borović, Ratac, Sutomore Crna Gora, ☎ . Family-run 80 square meter villa that sleeps 6.
- Hotel Princess, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 4-star hotel directly facing the Adriatic and the boardwalk. Parking, fitness centre and other amenities. Single: €72-87; Double: €94-154.