Bowen is a town on the coast in Queensland, Australia. Situated right on the Great Barrier Reef, and surrounded by some of the best beaches in Queensland, Bowen is widely regarded as one of the best kept secrets of the region.
Because Bowen is situated on a peninsula, most of its tourism comes from the 8 beaches situated on its three sides of ocean. Horseshoe Bay and Queens Beach are among the best. Nearby within walking distance of Horseshoe Bay, there is a clothes-optional beach
For history buffs, the Bowen Historical Society's museum showcases the town's legacy as one of the oldest towns in Queensland.
Bowen is famous for both its Roma tomatoes and mangoes.
Jochheim’s Bakery, graced by film greats such as Hugh Jackman during production of the 2008 Australia film, boasts incredible pies (including some named for the aforementioned actors).
- 1 Harbour Lights Caravan Park, 40 Santa Barbara Parade, Bowen, ☏ , toll-free: 1300559124.
- 2 Bowen Holiday Park, 18540 Bruce Highway, Bowen, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3 Bowen Arrow Motel, 18512 Bruce Highway, Bowen, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 10AM.
- 4 Bowen Palms Caravan Park, 18477 Bruce Highway, Bowen, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5 Queens Beach Tourist Village, 160 Mount Nutt Road, Bowen, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
|Routes through Bowen|
|Townsville ← Ayr ←||N S||→ Proserpine → Mackay|