- 1 Proserpine Airport (PPP IATA also known as Whitsunday Coast Airport) (about 10 km south of town). The two main airlines flying to here are Virgin Australia, Tiger Air and Jetstar direct from Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne. A number of buses serve the terminal, and drive to Airlie Beach or other locations but all but one must be prebooked. The tickets cost a flat $15 per person one way and can be purchased in a queue at a clearly marked booth just inside the arrival gate. The bus driver mans the booth, and when everyone has got a ticket (about 30-40 minutes wait from arrival) the bus gets going. Another option is to take a taxi, for which there is also a booth inside the arrivals gate. However taxi rides seem to match the bus price, and cost $15 per person. Also, there may not be any taxis waiting. The ride to Airlie beach is smooth and takes about 40 minutes. The driver will ask where you are staying and take you to the door of the hostel or hotel in Airlie Beach.
Queensland Rail has twice weekly services running from Proserpine to Brisbane on the "Tilt Train".
- Proserpine Mill chimneys. 62 high
- Proserpine water tower and associated mural.
- Art Deco facades.
- Peter Faust Dam.
- Proserpine Historical Museum.
- Cafe 22, 22 Main St, Proserpine, ☏ . 08:00 - 16:00 Monday to Saturday.
- Whitsunday Gold Coffee (1 minute north of Proserpine on the Bruce Highway, opposite the Airlie Beach/Shute Harbour Road at The Gateway to The Great Barrier Reef), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 1 A and A Motel, 156 Main Street, Proserpine, ☏ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 10AM. The A & A Motel is located on the Bruce Highway, beside Caltex, between Red Rooster & Subway. Walking distance to Town Centre. Home cooked breakfast & dinners served to your room.
- 2 Proserpine Motel, 32-38 Herbert Street, Proserpine (turn left down Herbert Street when you get to Woolworths.), ☏ .
- 3 Reef Gardens Motel, 206-208 Bruce Highway Proserpine (Stay on the Bruce Highway until you see it), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 10AM.
- 4 Whitsunday Palms Motel, Bruce Highway, Proserpine, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 5 Proserpine Tourist Park, 79 - 83 Anzac Rd, Proserpine.
Throughout Australia, the number for emergency services (Police, Fire and Ambulance) is 000. When using a mobile or cell phone, the numbers 000 and 112 are free of charge, and connect using any of the available networks. Emergency numbers such as 911 and 999 do not work within Australia.
In non-emergency situations contact Police Link on 131 444 or the Proserpine Police Station on (07) 4945 9666 or visit the station at 14 Mill Street Monday to Friday between 8am to 1pm and 2pm to 4pm
- 1 Proserpine hospital (on the corner of Herbert and Taylor Streets), ☏ . 24 Hours.
- Steven Helvig Dental Surgery, 14 Chapman Street, ☏ .
- Proserpine Family Pharmacy, 59 Main Street, ☏ . M-F 8:30am to 6:00pm, Sat 8:30am to 12:30pm Sun Closed.
Also operates St Paul's Op Shop, 5 Dobbins Lane, open Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and Saturday from 9am - 12pm. Call 07 4945 1141
- 3 Uniting Church, 89 Main Street. Sundays at 9:30am and 6:00pm.
- 4 St Catherine's Catholic Church, 126 Main Street. Sunday 8:00am, Monday 6:30am, Thursday 9:00am, Friday 6:30am, Saturday 6:00pm.
- 5 Liberty Church, 19 Philip Street. Sunday 9:30am.
|Routes through Proserpine|
|Townsville ← Bowen ←||N S||→ Eungella National Park → Mackay|