North America > United States of America > South (United States of America) > Georgia (state) > Metro Atlanta > Atlanta > Atlanta/Buckhead
Buckhead, once known as Buckhead Village, is becoming a true district of Atlanta with massive construction projects. It has a skyline of high-rise apartments, condominiums, and office buildings, but despite the closure of numerous nightclubs, it is still the district of Atlanta most famous for nightlife.
Construction projects are creating an upscale shopping area similar to Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills.
Georgia State Highway 400 runs directly through Buckhead.
MARTA has two main bus lines which run along Peachtree Street, #23 and #110. However there are plenty of other routes that serve the area.
Buckhead can also be accessed by the MARTA rail's Red Line at the Buckhead Station (N7), the Gold Line at Lenox (NE7), and Lindbergh Center Station (N6) by either of the fore-mentioned lines. Amtrak's Crescent Line stops at the Atlanta Peachtree Station.
- 1 Sovereign. Also known as 3344 Peachtree, a mixed-used development. Completed in 2008, this 50-story structure of post-modern architecture is the tallest building in the Buckhead Skyline.
- 2 Atlanta History Center. This attraction features 32 acres of gardens, wildlife trails and woodland areas. The complex includes the 1840s Tullie Smith Farm, a fully restored 1928 Swan House mansion and Swan Coach House Restaurant. The Atlanta History Center's Buckhead campus expanded by 27,000 ft² (2,500 m2) including a 20,000-square-foot wing dedicated to memorializing the 1996 Centennial Olympic Games. It also has the largest private collection of Civil War memorabilia in the nation.
- 3 Governor's Mansion. House where the governor resides. Tours available.
- 1 Swan Coach House, 3130 Slaton Drive NW, ☏ . A historical house that is a restaurant, gift shop and art gallery.
- Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead. Walk through the Japanese garden, get a massage at the spa, relax in the whirlpool, eat dinner at Chassis, then have a drink at the Onyx Lounge.
- 2 The Buckhead Theatre, 3110 Roswell Road, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 3 Bobby Jones Golf Course, 384 Woodward Way, ☏ . A work in progress.
Buckhead has plenty of shopping options with its Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza malls.
- 1 Lenox Square Mall (across from Phipps Plaza). Anchored by Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's and Macy's, this mall is a popular mall for chain-store shopping in Atlanta. Stores include upscale Hermes, Burberry, Louis Vuitton, Cartier and David Yurman, mid-high range stores like Kate Spade, Coach and Polo, mid-range stores like Banana Republic, Kenneth Cole, J. Crew, Abercrombie, Aldo and Urban Outfitters, and a few mid-low range stores such as the Gap. Also has a large Apple store.
- Strip mall (next to the Lenox Square Mall). A strip of stores which includes a number of boutiques including Blue Gene's.
- 2 Phipps Plaza Mall. Anchored by Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom and Belk, this upscale mall has higher-end chain stores such as Barney's Co-op, Intermix, Versace, Armani, Gucci, Jimmy Choo and Tiffany's, including the only Jeffrey store outside of New York, as well as an AMC movie theater.
- 1 Anis Cafe and Bistro, 2974 Grandview Ave. Extremely romantic and charming authentically French bistro-cafe tucked away in an old house near Pharr Road.
- 2 Buckhead Diner, 3073 Piedmont Road, ☏ . Popular faux-diner with black tie waiters serving up heaping portions of greasy upscale "diner" food.
- 3 Eclipse di Luna, 764 Miami Circle. Vibrant and extremely fun tapas restaurant and bar hidden away in the antique district of Buckhead serving up pitchers of Sangria and Mojitos with its tasty small plates. Has live music on weekends.
- 4 Hong Kong Harbour, 2184 Cheshire Bridge Rd NE. Popular Chinese restaurant with a friendly family atmosphere and authentic food.
- 5 Seasons 52. Health-conscious gourmet restaurant and wine bar where each entree is under 475 calories.
- 6 Bone's, 3130 Piedmont Rd NE. A traditional steakhouse in every sense, this Atlanta power-dining institution has been around since 1979. Ranked as one of the high-rated steak houses across the board.
- 7 Fogo De Chao, 3101 Piedmont Rd NE. A Brazilian churrascaria for those looking for a less-unique but still meat-filled dining experience. Gauchos carrying spools of meat cut slices at the table.
- 8 R. Thomas Deluxe Grille, ☏ . 24 hours daily. With its trademark windmills, bells, birds, lush plants, and Peachtree St. location, it is hard to miss this fixture of the Atlanta dining scene. This is probably the only restaurant in town where a vegan and a burger lover can eat together and both be happy. Favorites include the grilled-not-fried wings, the French toast, and all the smoothies. Not only are a range of healthy food and drink available — including vegetarian and vegan, macrobiotic, gluten free, and raw food items — but R. Thomas is open 24 hours a day and is a great, healthy late night place to eat (and breakfast is served at all hours). $11-19.
- 9 Restaurant Eugene, 2277 Peachtree Rd (at the Aramore condos), ☏ . M-Th 5:30PM-10PM, F Sa 5:30PM-11PM, Su 5:30PM-10PM. Chef Linton Hopkins and his wife Gina run this small, family-style restaurant that features a menu sprinkled with staple Southern ingredients. The restaurant has been ranked among Atlanta’s Top 10 by Atlanta Magazine, Atlantacuisine.com and Atlanta Business Chronicle. $22-32.
- 10 Craft, 3376 Peachtree (inside The Mansion on Peachtree), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. New York chef Tom Colicchio (most famous for his role as head judge on Bravo’s Top Chef) chose Atlanta as the third location for his award-winning restaurant Craft. $28-48.
- 11 The Dining Room at the Ritz-Carlton. Nationally-recognized French restaurant run by Chef Arnaud Berthelier that offers both a la carte and prix fixe options is one of the best known in Atlanta and has received the Mobil Five Star award.
- 1 Blackbear Tavern, 1931 Peachtree Rd NE, ☏ . M-Sa 11AM-2:30AM, Su noon-12:30AM. A friendly, casual bar in South Buckhead that has a full menu, wine tastings, live music, trivia nights and plays host to various dart leagues.
- 2 Churchills Buckhead, 3223 Cains Hill Pl NW, ☏ . A British-style neighborhood pub that attracts both the after-work crowd and the nighttime party crowd and features pool tables and dart boards.
- 3 Fado Irish Pub, 273 Buckhead Ave., ☏ . M–W noon-9PM, Th noon-10PM, F Sa -midnight, Su noon-7PM. Some of the best Irish fare in town with eclectic Irish memorabilia on the walls.
- 4 Five Paces Inn, 41 Irby Ave NW. M-W 3PM-2AM, Th-Sa 3PM-3AM. Opened in 1955 and attracts those from the local business crowd to unwind.
- 5 Hole in the Wall, 3177 Peachtree Rd NW. Former teeny-boppers and current college Greeks down drafts and Jägerbombs at this wild party bar.
- Moondogs. Next to Hole in the Wall and has a similar atmosphere.
- Pool Hall. One of Buckhead's best and oldest bars known to many as the best dive in town.
- Sambuca Restaurant. Jazz, blues, and other live musicians. They also offer an upscale bar scene and a great menu featuring pastas, seafood and salads.
- Sanctuary. A Latin music dance club with plush couches great for people-watching and dance instruction included with cover on Friday nights and the first and third Sundays of very month.
- 6 Sweetwater Brewery, 195 Ottley Drive, ☏ . W–F 5:30-7:30PM, Sa Su 2:30–4:30PM. Brews locally.
- Treehouse Pub. Known for its tropical feel, Miami style and great people-watching on its patio.
- 7 Whiskey Blue, 3377 Peachtree Road NE (at the top of the W Buckhead). Tu-Th 5:00 PM-1:00 AM; Fr-Sa 5:00 PM-3:00 AM.
- 8 Gold Room. Upscale multi-level club in Lindbergh Center.
- 9 Havana Club. Popular Latin/Salsa club in its new location on Piedmont Rd.
- 10 Jungle, 2115 Faulkner Rd NE (off Cheshire Bridge Rd. First warehouse on the right; from Faulkner turn right in to the first parking lot, then right again to circle the building), ☏ . Gay bar with strong drinks and very popular for their hot, sweaty dance parties. Also hosts smaller events such as the alternative drag show "The Other Show" (every Friday 9:30PM), featuring queens doing off-beat and unusual costumes and numbers. Enjoy some of the excellent food during the show — the burgers and sandwiches are very good, although you may decide the sides like mac & cheese or tater tots are even better. Cover $10 (18–20 year-olds $5) most events; Saturdays $20 for cover + unlimited drink voucher.
- Mood Lounge. Chic lounge with a sexy vibe.
- 11 Tongue and Groove. A popular name for Atlanta nightlife, is in Lindbergh Center.
- 1 Holiday Inn Express Buckhead, 800 Sidney Marcus Blvd NE, ☏ . A surprisingly nice location for a budget hotel and tucked away from the main traffic, this Buckhead hotel is within easy driving distance of all intown attractions.
- 2 Embassy Suites Atlanta Buckhead, 3285 Peachtree Road NE, ☏ . All-suite atrium hotel. Heated indoor pool and seasonal outdoor pool. Includes free breakfast and reception.
- 3 Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel and Conference Center, 3405 Lenox Road NE, ☏ . Outdoor pool, fitness center and restaurant onsite.
- 4 SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buckhead, 3459 Buckhead Loop NE, ☏ , fax: . Hotel rooms with separate dining, sleeping, and working areas. Near Phipps Plaza and Lenox Square.
- 5 Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead/Lenox Park, 2220 Lake Boulevard NE. Check-in: 4PM, check-out: noon. Extended stay suites offering full size kitchens and separate dining, eating and sleeping areas. Free Internet and complimentary daily breakfast buffet. Near Lenox Park.
- 6 Atlanta Luxury Rentals, 2378 John Glenn Drive, Atlanta, GA 30341, toll-free: . Providing high quality, custom-designed rental accommodations.
- 7 Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, 3300 Peachtree Rd. Grand Hyatt Atlanta is a sophisticated retreat with the largest guest rooms in Buckhead. Hotel provides complimentary transportation to Atlanta's major attractions.
- 8 Inter-Continental Buckhead, 3315 Peachtree Rd. NE, ☏ . Classy hotel catering to the business set within walking distance of shopping malls and power-dining.
- 9 The Whitley, a Luxury Collection Hotel (previously Ritz-Carlton Buckhead), ☏ . This Buckhead destination also houses one of the most highly-regarded restaurants in the city.
- 10 Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta (formally The Mansion on Peachtree), 3376 Peachtree Road, ☏ . Skyscraper that is a hotel and a residence, and has a spa.
|Routes through Buckhead|
|Doraville ← Chamblee ←||N S||→ Midtown → Downtown|
|Sandy Springs ← Dunwoody ←||N S||→ Midtown → Downtown|