Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Builth Road railway station. On the Heart of Wales Line from Craven Arms in Shropshire (where there are connections from Shrewsbury) to Llanelli
- 1 Builth Castle. The castle build by King Edward I, only the mound on which it stood, the ditches and embankments remain.
- Royal Welsh Show: 20–23 July 2020. One of the largest agricultural shows in Europe
- 1 The Lamb, Broad Street. Nic & Petra who have developed an excellent bar snack menu complemented by excellent real ales and a wide range of beers, lagers and cider many on hand pull and are all kept to a very high standard. Well worth a visit when you are in the area especially Welsh Show week and Motorcycle weekend when there is usually a real ale beer festival in the beer garden.
- 1 The Drawing Room Restaurant with Rooms, alongside the A470, north of Builth Wells, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. beautiful five-star, two-rosette restaurant with rooms started life as a Georgian country residence built in 1725.
- 2 [dead link] Carregywen Farmhouse, Rhosferig, Builth Wells. Self catering accommodation that sleeps up to 8 people a few miles outside the town centre.
- 3 Fforest Fields Caravan & Camping Park, Fforest Fields, Hundred House (Located a few miles from Builth Wells), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. David Bellamy Gold Award for their environmental conservation. £20 per caravan per night.
- 4 Llangoed Hall, Llyswen, Brecon LD3 0YP (off A470), ☏ . Superb hotel in a Jacobean mansion, great dining. B&B double from £160.
- 5 The Lake, Llangammarch Wells LD4 4BS, ☏ . Cod Tudor building, now a spa hotel, gets great reviews for comfort and dining, including from Kaiser Wilhelm II in 1912. B&B double £175.
- 6 The Drawing Room, Cwmbach LD2 3RT (off A470 three miles north of town), ☏ . Charming restaurant with rooms near the Elan valley. No children under 12 or dogs. Double half-board £240.