Cann River is located between the Princes Highway (A1) and the Monaro Highway (B23). If travelling from Melbourne, it's possible to simply follow the highway east to get to Cann River.
By public transport
Two coach services — one between Melbourne and Canberra, and another between Melbourne and Batemans Bay — both stop in Cann River. In both cases, train services from Melbourne to Bairnsdale interconnect to coach services from Bairnsdale to their destination of Canberra or Batemans Bay. For the service to Canberra, one service operates on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday; the service from Canberra to Melbourne operates once on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday. The Batemans Bay service operates once daily in both directions. The Canberra timetable can be found here. The Batemans Bay timetable can be found here.
The town's so small, that you can really, get through most of the town just by walking.
- Cann River. well... the town is named after the river, so the main thing to see is... the river.
- 1 Alfred National Park (20 km east of Cann River). 3,050 hectares (7,500 acres) temperate rainforest park.
You can get supermarket supplies in Cann River.
There are a total of six places to get a Cappuccino in Cann River. Choices of food go from cafe, to take-away style to the pub. As you drive through the town you will quickly see all the options within a block or two.
- 1 Wild Ryes Bakery, 16 Princes Highway, ☏ . 8AM-4PM. Artisan bakery that offers breads, pastries and coffee.
There are no pubs here.
- 1 Cann Valley Motel, 18 Princes Highway, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Ground floor motel units. Licensed room service is available.
- 2 Cann River Hop Inn Motor Inn, 9-13 Monaro Highway, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. This motel features an in-ground swimming pool suitable for all ages, as well as 2 acres of gardens with a barbeque and picnic area. Features 12 rooms that look out either to the pool or gardens. From $88-$132.
- 3 Cann River Rainforest Caravan Park, 7536 Princes Highway. Free stopover site, with only cold water, for stays of no longer than 48 hours.
|Routes through Cann River|
|Cooma ← Bombala ←||N S||→ END|
|Eden ← Genoa (Victoria) ←||N S||→ Orbost → Sale|