Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Interstates 93 and 95 which separate in Canton with I-93 going east and then north to Boston and I-95 from Providence heading off around the west edge of Greater Boston.
- MBTA commuter rail Attleboro/Stoughton Line passes through Canton.
- Route 128 Station in bordering Westwood also has commuter rail into Boston. Amtrak trains also stop at Route 128.
- Route 716 bus service is available to Mattapan Station in the MBTA system. Monday through Saturday during daytime hours. Often operates very infrequently.
- Museum of American Bird Art (Mass Audubon), 963 Washington St, ☏ . Trails: sunrise-sunset daily. Gallery: closed. A half dozen or so whimsical buildings used as classrooms and artist spaces. The 121 adjoining acres provide the inspiration. Maybe a dozen parking spots. Free.
- 1 Eleanor Cabot Bradley Estate (The Trustees), 2468B Washington St, ☏ . Sunrise-sunset daily. Over 90 acres of thoughtful plantings, formal gardens, and farmland available for scenic strolls year round. The house is not open for touring, but it's often booked for weddings and other special events, so you could maybe get a quick peek inside if you're affable. Free, parking $6.
- 1 Blue Hills Ski Area, 4001 Washington St, ☏ . M-W 1-9PM, Th F 10AM-9PM, Sa Su 8AM-8PM. This tiny ski area is fantastic for beginners. A small handful of trails featuring a solitary chairlift to the top. The kids zone has three "magic carpet" people movers to get you going. Despite the small stature, this is a full fledged enterprise, featuring equipment rentals, a ski school, snowmaking capabilities, and a cozy lodge at the base of the Great Blue Hill. $30-50.
- 2 Brookmeadow Country Club, 100 Everendon Rd, ☏ . Public 18 hole golf course. $25-83.
- 3 Irish Cultural Center, 200 New Boston Drive, ☏ . Pub hours: Th-Sa 5PM-1AM. This volunteer organization runs a 46-acre campus and is one of the largest in the US. Their library is filled with Irish books and music, as well as Irish cultural objects. Visit a thatched roof cottage, or seek out their deep genealogical resources and advice. Events run every Friday night, capped off with an annual festival. Traditional Irish music in the pub every night. Take classes on the Irish language, attend a lecture, or participate in one of the sporting events they run. Open to the public year round.
|Routes through Canton|
|Boston ← Randolph ←||N S||→ Ends at|
|Weston ← Westwood ←||N S||→ Norwood → Providence|
|Boston ← Randolph ←||N S||→ Dedham → Providence|
|Weston ← Westwood ←||N S||→ END|
|Boston via ← Milton ←||N S||→ Stoughton → Fall River|
|Boston ← Westwood ←||N S||→ Sharon/Stoughton → Providence/END|