Via Interstate 35E and President George Bush Turnpike.
Operated by DART, the Green Line connects with downtown Dallas in about 50 minutes. In 2022, the Silver Line will provide direct connections from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport and Plano to downtown Carrollton. Additionally, DCTA runs the A-train from Denton, up north, to Trinity Mills station where it terminates, connecting with the Green Line. There are three stations within Carrollton.
- 1 Downtown Carrollton station, 1013 N. Denton Dr.
- 2 Trinity Mills station, 2525 Blanton Dr.
- 3 North Carrollton/Frankford station, 1717 W. Frankford Rd.
The easiest way to get around is by car. Carrollton is also part of Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART), which has a fairly decent amount of bus routes. The buses are considered clean and safe. The majority of residents do not use mass transit, and they would not be able to tell you how to get somewhere by bus. Uber and Lyft ride sharing services are available in the area. Carrollton also has a large network of hike and bike paths [dead link] to get around the general area.
- 1 [dead link] Old Downtown Carrollton (Main Street at S Broadway Street, DART Bus #400, Green Line Downtown Carrollton Station). A very neat place to visit
- 1 [formerly dead link] Russian Banya, 2515 E Rosemeade Pkwy (NW corner of Rosemeade Pkwy and Marsh Ln. DART Bus #534.), ☏ . Tu-F noon-10PM, Sa Su 10AM-10PM. A traditional Russian banya (sauna). This is basically the only one of its kind in area. The sauna provides a consistent "wet heat". Along with the sauna there is a traditional Finnish sauna for a "dry heat", a Turkish steam room, an authentic Russian restaurant, venik massages, an ice-cold plunge pool, and cleansing showers for a complete relaxation experience.
- 2 Spa Castle, 1020 Raiford Rd (At Old Denton and Raiford Rd. DART Bus #531), ☏ . Open 24 hours. Upscale Asian spa resort offering hot tubs, steam room, several types of dry saunas, outdoor pool, lounge area, restaurant and hotel. Massage services also available.
- 3 City Night KTV (City Night Cafe & KTV), 2528 Old Denton Rd #150 (SE corner of Old Denton Rd and Trinity Mill, in lot behind 99 Ranch Market, DART Bus #536), ☏ . Every day 5PM-2AM. Karaoke system with individual rooms. Their system supports English, Chinese, Korean and Japanese. Their library has over 160,000 songs which are periodically updated. Full service bar also available.
- 4 A.W. Perry Homestead Museum, 1509 N. Perry Road (North of N. Perry Road and Belt Line. DART Bus #402 and #403.), ☏ . Tours Tu-Th and Sa at 11AM and 1PM by appointment only. The A.W. Perry Homestead Museum offers a glimpse of life as it was in north central Texas at the turn of the 20th Century. Designated a historic landmark in 1977 by the Texas Historical Commission.
- 5 Silos Climbing Project (The Silos Climbing Project), 1003 4th Ave (SE corner of Broadway St and 4th Ave. 1000 ft South of Downtown Carrolton DART station.), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 10AM-6PM daily. Indoor and outdoor rock climbing gym located in the Historic Grain Silos of Downtown Carrollton. Boasts the tallest climbing gym in North America with silos 110ft tall.
- 1 Blooms Candy & Soda Pop Shop, 1106 W Main St (On Main between Broadway and Elm. DART Bus #400, Green Line Downtown Carrollton Station), ☏ . M-W 10AM - 8PMish, Th-Sa 10AM - 9PMish, Su 11AM - 8PMish. Whimsical, retro candy & soda store with a huge selection that includes taffy, bulk sweets & gifts.
- 2 Kinokuniya Bookstore, 2540 Old Denton Rd #114 (SE corner of Old Denton Rd and Trinity Mills. DART Bus #536), ☏ . Every day 11AM-8PM. Japanese-based retailer known for its collection of Asian books & magazines, plus DVDs & stationery. Browse a wide variety of anime books, toys, and Studio Ghibli merchandise.
- 1 Sid's Rainbow Grill, 1107 South Broadway (On Broadway St. between Main St and 4th Ave. DART Bus #400, Green Line Downtown Carrollton Station), ☏ . M-F 11AM-2PM, Sa 11AM-2:30PM. A small diner in Old Downtown Carrollton. They have a wide variety of burgers and sandwiches, coupled with a lot of deep-fried finger foods. Shakes, ice-cream floats, ice cream sodas, pies, and cookies for dessert. The restaurant has a wacky rainbow theme.
- 2 [dead link] Gang Jung Chicken Cafe, 2680 Old Denton Rd (SE corner of Old Denton Rd and Raiford Rd. DART Bus #536), ☏ . M-Th 11AM-10PM, F Sa 11AM-midnight, Su noon-10PM. Modern counter-serve joint specializing in Korean fried chicken with an eclectic variety of sauces. Not to be confused with GangNam Sushi House next door.
- 3 Hanabi Ramen & Izakaya, 2540 Old Denton Rd #120 (SE corner of Old Denton Rd and Trinity Mills. DART Bus #536), ☏ . Su M W Th 11AM-2:30PM, 5-10PM; F Sa 11AM-2:30PM, 5PM-11PM; closed on Tuesday. Popular restaurant serving traditional ramen soups & Japanese small plates in a cozy, wood interior. The place is always busy, but you will almost always find a place to sit.
- 4 Babe's Chicken Dinner House, 1006 West Main St (DART Bus #400, Green Line Downtown Carrollton Station), ☏ . M-F 11AM-2PM, 5-9PM; Sa Su 11AM-9PM. Unique family style fried chicken and country fried steak. The place is normally very busy and there is usually a wait.
- 5 Pho Bistro, 3052 Old Denton #112 (SE corner of Old Denton Rd and E. Frankford Rd. DART Bus #534), ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-9PM; Su 10AM-8PM. Family-owned Vietnamese restaurant in northern Carrollton.
- 6 GangNam Sushi House, 2680 Old Denton Rd (SE corner of Old Denton Rd and Raiford Rd. DART Bus #536), ☏ , ✉ Gangnam@gangnamsushihouse.com. M-Th 11AM-10PM, F Sa 11AM-11PM, Su noon-10PM. Upscale contemporary Japanese restaurant, serving tasty and unique sushi. Not to be confused with Gang Jung Chicken Cafe next door.
- 1 Kung Fu Tea, 2540 Old Denton Rd #122 (SE corner of Old Denton Rd and Trinity Mills. DART Bus #536), ☏ . Every day 11AM-10PM. Bubble tea specialist with a selection of other hot & cold drinks, including coffee & slushes.
- 2 Caffebene, 1016 W Trinity Mills Rd #100 (NW corner of Old Denton Rd and Trinity Mills Rd in the long thin building facing the freeway. DART Bus #536), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-Sa 8AM-10PM, Su 10AM-10PM. Coffeehouse chain with a relaxed European vibe & a menu of sweet treats & sandwiches.
- 1 InTown Suites Extended Stay, 240 West Trinity Mills Road (On North side of George Bush Freeway just east of Dickerson Pkwy. DART Bus #534, #536), ☏ . Extended stay hotel. Seven night minimum. Rooms with kitchen available. WiFi available. Guest laundry facility. Within walking distance of Furneaux Creek Village shopping center including many Korean restaurants, bars, and H-Mart grocery store.
- 2 Rodeway Inn, 1832 North I - 35 E. (Interstate 35E at Luna Rd. No convenient nearby DART Bus stop.), ☏ . Casual rooms, some with whirlpool tubs, in a hotel offering a fitness room & free breakfast.
- 3 Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Carrollton, 1201 Raiford Rd (Corner of Trinity Mills and Raiford Rd. DART Bus #531), ☏ . With 145 spacious guest rooms, The Bistro - "Eat, Drink & Connect", a new state-of-the-art lobby, complimentary Wi-Fi and first-rate service. On-site Starbucks. Other amenities include a fitness center, outdoor swimming pool and 24-hour food market.
- 4 The One Boutique Hotel, 1020 Raiford Rd (Inside Spa Castle SE corner of Old Denton Rd and Raiford Rd. DART Bus #536), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. Modern hotel within a spa complex offering polished rooms & suites, plus free breakfast & Wi-Fi.
Carrollton is a mostly residential community, and considered a relatively safe place to be even at night. Obviously you should take care and be aware when walking alone outside at night, however should the need arise the Carrollton police are polite and plentiful.
Take I-35 north about 20 miles to Denton, which is home to the University of North Texas and to the Texas Women's University. There is a lively music scene, centered on the old courthouse square downtown, which is surrounded by restaurants, some bars, and several shops. Easy parking.
|Routes through Carrollton|
|Oklahoma City ← Lewisville ←||N S||→ Dallas → Waco|