This city is Located off IH 35E 20 miles north of Dallas and 15 miles south of Denton and from Fort Worth 30 miles northeast via SH121 north and only 5 miles north of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport up SH 121 which is really convenient for those flying in. Public Transit for the area is provided by the DCTA Denton County Transportation Authority since Lewisville is in Denton County. It connects to Dallas Area Rapid Transit DART in Dallas at the Park and ride station in Carrollton and a Light rail is being planned in the near future along the existing rail line to the east of Lewisville. However using a car would be the best method to get to Lewisville unless you are flyng.
Even though there is a DCTA presence, a car is preferred. There is a simple loop between Vista Ridge Mall and Old Town Lewisville. Most of the roads are typical of most Texas cities consisting of a grid format. North to South would include IH 35E SH 121. There are two SH121 Business and 121 Toll Road 3 miles to the south and both cross 35 and Mill St splits to the East of 35 goes North or left from 121 Business to go to Old town. To the west of 35 you have neighborhood streets in order from east to west like Edmonds Ln, Valley Pkwy Old Orchard Dr and Garden Ridge. To the East and West you have 121 Toll which forms the southern boundary for three Farm to Market Highways 3040 Round Grove RD where Vista Ridge Mall is located. Most of the shopping and restaurants are located between 121 Toll and 1171 Main St. Outdoor recreation can be found north of these two roads.
Most of the stuff to see is within one mile of IH 35 but most of the attractions are shopping.
- Old Town, Main St (East of IH 35). Historic homes and buildings. There is a Holiday Tour of Homes on the first Saturday of December at Holiday at the Hall and Western Days the Saturday before Labor day to celebrate the regions western heritage.
Golfing abounds in Lewisville with several Golf Courses in Lewisville and surrounding areas. In nearby Lake Lewisville there plenty of opportunities of water sports at a marina close to 35 even camping at Lake Park in Lewisville. You also have Putt Putt golf and Lunar Mini Golf and plenty of parks to picnic or enjoy.
- Tour 18. Like The Tribute, Tour 18 offers recreations of famous holes around the United States. A round at Tour 18 finishes up with holes that are designed just like the infamous Amen Corner at Augusta National. Other holes include the famous Island Green 17th at Sawgrass and The Blue Monster 18th at Doral.
There is plenty of shopping available at both Vista Ridge Mall and antiques in Old Town Lewisville. There is no upscale shopping in Lewisville but nearby in Flower Mound and Highland Village that is increasing and of course the Galleria Dallas is 15 miles via 35 south and 635 east. There is also plenty of shopping in nearby Grapevine Mills an gigantic outlet mall just 5 miles down SH 121. And of course necessity shopping would include the local, Hispanic and other markets including two Walmarts the better one is on 3040.
- Old Town Farmers Market. Sets up every Saturday.
There are plenty of chain restaurants to eat at and most are on the access road of 35. There are a lot of family owned restaurants in Lewisville offering different international cuisines or buffets you can try on a budget.
- Ham and Eggs (2 miles west of VR Mall on 3040). A good breakfast place with huge pancakes and biscuits.
- Sugar Babes (on the corner of Business 121 and 35). Good and still a red barn.
There are numerous bars in Lewisville, with the majority of them located on Business 121. Lewisville recently was awarded its liquor license, enabling it to serve alcohol within city limits without private club membership.
- Best Western Inn & Suites, 330 E Corporate Dr, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Courtyard Dallas Lewisville, 2701 Lake Vista Dr, ☎ , fax: .
- Fairfield Inn Dallas Lewisville, 2697 Lake Vista Dr, ☎ , fax: .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 780 East Vista Ridge Mall Dr, ☎ .
- Motel 6 Dallas - Lewisville, 1705 Lakepointe Dr, ☎ , fax: .
- Residence Inn Dallas Lewisville, 755 Vista Ridge Mall Dr, ☎ , fax: .
- Suburban Extended Stay DFW Airport North, 1920 Lakepointe Dr, ☎ , fax: .
IH 35E North will take you to Oklahoma in one hour for outdoor recreation. However you don't even have to go to Oklahoma as you have plenty of water and outdoor recreation in Lake Lewisville, Grapevine Lake. Lake Ray Roberts offer plenty of the great outdoors which include camping, Hiking and horseback hiking within a few minutes to the north. There are some ranches to the west in Flower Mound west on 1171 that have outdoor events mostly private and offer outdoor recreation horseback riding as well.
- Denton - In Denton you have two historic museums Courthouse on the Square and the Western Frontier Museum 20 miles north of Lewisville.
|Routes through Lewisville|
|Oklahoma City ← Denton ←||N S||→ Carrollton → Dallas|