Central Cuba (Spanish: Centro de Cuba) is a region of Cuba.
|Villa Clara |
|Sancti Spiritus |
|Ciego de Ávila |
- 1 Camaguey — Cuba's third largest city, its historic center is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- 2 Ciego de Ávila — a modern city with some colonial architecture in the historic center
- 3 Cienfuegos — the only Cuban city founded by the French, and known as the 'pearl of the south'; its center is now a UNESCO site
- 4 Cumanayagua — a city in a valley near the Guamuhaya Mountains
- 5 Florida —
- 6 Minas — has among its attractions a musical instrument factory with a tradition in the construction of guitars and violins
- 7 Morón — the nearest town to the tourist resorts on Cayo Coco and Cayo Guillermo
- 8 Santa Clara — the resting place of Che Guevara
- 9 Sancti Spiritus — one of the oldest Cuban European settlements
- 10 Trinidad — a beautiful and mostly preserved old town that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- 1 Cayo Coco — a quiet resort island with all-inclusive hotels
- 2 Cayo Guillermo — another resort island with all-inclusive hotels
- 3 Playa Santa Lucia — very tourist-oriented town with fantastic scuba diving opportunites
- 4 Gran Parque Natural Topes de Collantes A natural park in the mountain range directly North of Trinidad. It offers caves, rivers, natural pools, and (from June to September) hills surrounded by Cuba's national flower.
- 5 Jardines del Rey – a chain of tropical islands off the north coast, including the popular Cayo Coco and Cayo Guillermo
The maximum temperatures in summer range between 31 and 33 °C, but winters are mild due to the proximity of the water masses, registering minimums oscillating between 18 and 21 °C, which can reach up to 10 to 13 °C, under the influence of cold fronts, and the maximum between 21 and 24 °C. The winds blow in the early morning in an east-northeast direction, and the breezes (from 11:00 to approximately 17:00) from the west southwest, entering from the bay. In such a way, the climate is temperate.
Jaime González International Airport (CFG IATA) is about 3 km from the city of Cienfuegos. Scheduled flights from Canada operated by Sunwing Airlines have been suspended during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Cienfuegos province has several tourist attractions such as the waterfalls of the El Nicho waterfall, the mineral-medicinal waters of Ciego Montero, the Mal Tiempo national park in the town of Las Cruces and the historic center of the city of Cienfuegos considered Heritage of the Humanity by UNESCO.
The Botanical Garden of Cienfuegos is a botanical garden of 97 hectares on the outskirts of the city of Cienfuegos. This botanical garden is the most important of the existing network in Cuba, due to being the oldest, and the one with the most complete collections of plants focused on research in crop improvement and for export to third countries.
Scuba diving off Cienfuegos province is extremely popular. There are numerous underwater caves, and well over 50 dive sites in that province.