Jump to navigation Jump to search
Central Cuba (Spanish: Centro de Cuba) is a region of Cuba.
- 1 Camaguey
- 2 Cienfuegos - the only Cuban city founded by the French, and known as the 'Pearl of the south'.
- 3 Santa Clara - the resting place of Che Guevara
- 4 Sancti Spiritus
- 5 Trinidad
- 1 Parque Nacional Ciénaga de Zapata (Ciénaga de Zapata National Park). A national park similar to Florida's Everglades National Park, with vast swamps and world-famous birdwatching, scuba diving, and beaches. The national park is on the Bahia de Cochinos (Bay of Pigs), the site of the 1961 American invasion.
- 2 Gran Parque Natural Topes de Collantes A natural park in the mountain range directly North of Trinidad. It offers caves, rivers, natural pools, and (from June to September) hills surrounded by Cuba's national flower.
- 3 Jardines del Rey – a chain of tropical islands off the north coast, including the popular Cayo Coco and Cayo Guillermo