Chambersburg is a city in Pennsylvania.
This town is located on the Lincoln Highway and an hour away southwest of Harrisburg.For a small town, Chambersburg offers a wide range of activities for people of all ages. Since the town is 15 minutes away from Shippensburg University, many students spend most of their weekends in Chambersburg. This town is also the home of Wilson College. It is a town that has been around since 1730 and has been growing ever since.
- When traveling from Philadelphia, take I-76 W toward Harrisburg.
- On 76 W, take exit 226 for US 11 toward I 81/Chambersburg/Carlisle.
- Continue on US 11 and take the exit to I-81 S toward Chambersburg and get off at exit 16.
- Amtrak, Hagerstown. Thirty minutes by car from Chambersburg, various taxi services are available.
- Greyhound, 10527 Sharpsburg Pike, Hagerstown 21740.
- 1 Old Jail, 175 E. King St, ☏ . Built in 1818, the jail was a stop on the Underground Railroad and remained after Chambersburg was burned by the Confederates in 1864. Tours anytime during the day.
- Thomas June Artisan Gallery, 490 Lincoln Way East. Artwork and hand designed items by the local people.
- 2 Chambersburg Heritage Center, 100 Lincoln Way, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. County history museum, featuring exhibits on local history and a children's activity room. Free.
- Penn National Golf Club, 3720 Clubhouse Drive. It is a complete golf course which received a four star rating from Golf Digest magazine. 3-day packages for $300.
- Chambersburg Skydiving Center, 3506 Airport Road. Freefall skydiving, static line skydiving and instructor-assisted driving.
- Rhodes Grove Camp, 7693 Brown's Mill Road.. Year-round Christian camp surrounded by farmland; camping, retreats and various other activities including swimming, horseback riding, canoeing, water sliding.
- Fright Night, 1320 Lincoln Way East. A 20,000 square feet house is dedicated to "scaring visitors" every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in October.
- Capital Theater. Various performances during the year.
- Lincoln Lanes. Twenty lanes, party packages, laser bowling.
- The Collector's Dream, 6150 Lincoln Way East. An antique heaven that offers a wide range of jewelry, coins, pottery, etc. People of all ages can find the things of their taste.
- Wrap It Up, 158 Highland Drive. Custom create a gift basket personalised with effort and great detail.
- Chambersburg Mall, 6 W Washington St. JC Penney, Burlington Coat Factory, Radio Shack, huge video arcade to entertain children and teens while adults shop. Popular among students from Shippensburg University.
- Montezuma Mexican Restaurant, 820 Wayne Avenue. Traditional Mexican food (such as enchiladas, tamales, sopapillas, flan) along with margaritas and beer. Dinners $20-40..
- Italian Village Restaurant, 5267 Philadelphia Avenue. Family restaurant. Dinners $15-30..
- Green Village, 5440 Philadelphia Ave. Sandwiches, ice cream and pies. Senior discount. $10/meal.
- Jolly Cork, 75 Grandview Ave.. An average pub where many people pre-game before going out.
- Norland Pub, 454 Norland Ave.. all night 7 days a week. Live music on weekends.
- Best Western Chambersburg, 211 Walker Road. 48 room hotel located off exit 16. Free Internet, complimentary continental breakfast, cable television, outdoor pool.
- Comfort Inn Chambersburg, 3301 Black Gap Rd. Indoor pool and spa, extended breakfast buffet, dining adjacent at the mall. Pets $10/night extra.
- Sleep Inn Chambersburg, 1435 Doron Drive (adjacent to Chambersburg Mall). Indoor pool, hot tub. breakfast bar and
|Routes through Chambersburg|
|Harrisburg ← Carlisle ←||N S||→ Hagerstown → Roanoke|
|Pittsburgh ← Breezewood ←||W E||→ Gettysburg → York|