The Pennsylvania Turnpike (I-76) and I-81 pass through Carlisle.
There are no major public transportation links to Carlisle. The Greyhound bus stop closed sometime after 2000, and there has not been a train station in the city for many years. The closest public transportation is in Harrisburg.
The two main streets in Carlisle are Hanover and High Streets. These streets intersect in the middle of town, creating a nice square by the courthouse. Most of the buildings of interest in Carlisle are located along one of these two streets.
- 1 U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center, 950 Soldiers Dr, ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-5PM, Su Noon-5PM. Free.
- 2 Carlisle Armory.
- Whistlestop Bookshop, 129 W High St, ☏ .
- Carlisle Thai Cuisine, 141 High St, ☏ . Focuses on healthy Thai food. Has options for dietary restrictions.
- Miseno's Ristorante and Pizzeria, W High St.
- Mt. Fuji, 149 N Hanover St. Good sushi for reasonable prices. Ask for the Mt. Fuji (Not on the menu).
- Econo Lodge, 1252 Harrisburg Pike, I-81 Exit 52, ☏ .
- 1 Residence Inn by Marriott Harrisburg Carlisle, 1 Hampton Court (Exit 226 off Turnpike and Exit 52 off I 81.), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- Hampton Inn – Carlisle, 1164 Harrisburg Pike, ☏ .
- Sleep Inn Carlisle, 5 East Garland Drive (I81 Exit 47), ☏ . Free breakfast.
|Routes through Carlisle|
|Pittsburgh ← Breezewood ←||W E||→ Mechanicsburg → Harrisburg|
|Wilkes-Barre ← Harrisburg ←||N S||→ Chambersburg → Hagerstown|