- Hariharapura — a small village
- Kemmannagundi — a hill station
- Hebbe Falls — located in the middle of the Kodays coffee estate
The Kannada language is spoken in this district.
Reachable by Road/Train from Bangalore. Bus journey takes 5.5 hrs either via Kadur(NH206) or Hassan(NH48). Train journey takes almost 3 to 3.5 hrs (till Kadur/Birur). As of 2006, there is no direct connectivity by train (Rail line between Kadur and Chikkamagaluru is under construction). One need to alight at Kadur/Birur and take bus to Chikmagalur for (40KM) 45 minutes.
Buses are available from Mysore, Mangalore and Bangalore.
- Passenger trains are available from Shimoga and Kadur at a distance of 40km.
- Arrivals and Departures from Chikkamagaluru Railway Station
- Train Number 56271: Shivamogga-Chikkamagaluru Passenger-Departs Shivamogga at 18:15 and arrives Chikkamagaluru at 21:30 [via; Kadur Jn]
- Train Number 56272: Chikkamagaluru-Shivamogga Passenger-Departs Chikkamagaluru at 06:30 and arrives Shivamogga at 09:30 [via; Kadur Jn]
- Train Number 56277: Chikkamagaluru-Yeshvantpur Jn Fast Passenger-Departs Chikkamagaluru at 07:30 and arrives Yeshvantpur Jn at 14:15 [via; Kadur Jn]
- Train Number 56278: Yeshvantpur Jn-Chikkamagaluru Fast Passenger-Departs Yeshvantpur Jn at 15:15 and arrives Chikkamagaluru at 22:20 [via; Kadur Jn]