North America > United States of America > Texas > Texas Panhandle > North Central Plains > ChildressJump to navigation Jump to search
Childress is a city in the North Central Plains of Texas.
- Annual Old Settler's Rodeo and Reunion. In July. A yearly event since 1888.
Antiques are really the only unique thing to shop for here.
- Amazing Grace Antiques & Gifts, 510 2nd St Ne, ☏ .
- Long Remembered Antiques, 310 Avenue F NW, ☏ .
- Wild Plum, 1101 Avenue F NW, ☏ .
- Dawson's Family Restaurant, 1709 Avenue F NW, ☏ .
- El Sombrero Cafe, 2802 Avenue F NW, ☏ . Tex-Mex.
- Garibaldi's Restaurant, 136 N Main St, ☏ .
- K-Bob's Steakhouse, 1805 Avenue F NW, ☏ . One of a franchise popular throughout the Panhandle.
- Kettle Restaurant, 1902 Avenue F NW, ☏ .
- Thai Kitchen, 1602 Avenue F NW, ☏ . The closest approximation of Thai food anywhere between Wichita Falls and Amarillo.
- Best Western Childress, 1805 Northwest Avenue F, ☏ . Clean and quiet.
- Days Inn, 2220 Northwest Avenue F, ☏ . Swimming pool and fitness center.
- Finch Ranch near Memphis, just a few miles northwest.
- Lake Childress and Baylor Lake are twin lakes 12 miles west of town which have camping, fishing, boating, and a playground.
- Copper Breaks State Park is about 40 miles southeast of here.
- Wellington, with its historic theater house, is about 30 miles north on Hwy 83.
|Routes through Childress|
|Lubbock ← Paducah ←||W E||→ Altus → Lawton|
|Shamrock ← Wellington ←||N S||→ Paducah → Abilene|
|Amarillo ← Memphis ←||N S||→ Quanah → Wichita Falls|