North America > United States of America > South (United States of America) > Georgia (state) > Classic Heartland of GeorgiaJump to navigation Jump to search
Georgia's Classic Heartland is at the center of the state.
- 1 Athens — college town home of the University of Georgia
- 2 Augusta — home of the Masters Annual Golf Tournament
- 3 Columbus — Georgia's third largest city and home to the original Coca-Cola
- 4 Conyers
- 5 Fort Valley
- 6 LaGrange — old mill town in West Georgia. Gateway to Lake West Point and home to LaGrange College.
- 7 Macon — city in the middle of the state, famous for the Cherry Blossom Festival
- 8 Milledgeville — historic city and former capital of Georgia
- 9 Warner Robins
- 10 Warm Springs (Georgia)
- Eufaula National Wildlife Refugee
- Florence Marina State Park
- Little White House — in Warm Springs where Franklin D Roosevelt once lived
- Callaway Gardens — resort in Pine Mountain
- Providence Canyon State Park
- Rock Eagle and Rock Hawk Effigy Mounds
- 1 Oconee National Forest
|Classic Heartland of Georgia|
|Climate chart (explanation)|
- 1 Callaway Gardens, toll-free: . A 6,500-acre resort complex and garden located just outside Columbus.
- 2 Georgia Museum of Art, 90 Carlton Street, ☏ . Tues,W, Fri, Sa 10AM-5PM, Thur 10AM-9PM, Su 1PM-5PM.. Located on the University of Georgia's south campus, the Georgia Museum of Art offers a small, permanent collection focused on American painting as well as Wednesday night film screenings and other traveling exhibits. Free.
- 3 Little White House, 401 Little White House Road Warm Springs, GA 31830, ☏ . 9 AM–4:45 PM. The personal retreat of U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- Museum of Aviation, GA Hwy 247 & Russell Pkwy, ☏ . 9AM-5PM daily. Free.
- . This 40,000 square foot facility features two original Civil War military vessels, uniforms, equipment and weapons used by the Union and Confederate navies. Interactive exhibits, including a Confederate ironclad ship simulator, offer the visitor an opportunity to experience 19th century naval combat first hand. On Victory Drive just below downtown.
- Old Governor's Mansion.