North America > United States of America > Midwest > Ohio > Greater Columbus > Columbus > Columbus/SouthJump to navigation Jump to search
- 2 John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH IATA), 4600 International Gateway, ☏ . Direct flights to most major American cities. Aside from rental cars, the airport can also be reached by the #92 bus, or by taxi. A taxi ride to downtown is only 10 minutes and will cost approximately $25. Depending on your schedule and where you are connecting to, it may be worthwhile to check flights to Dayton as well, as they are often cheaper.
- 3 Rickenbacker International Airport (LCK IATA). A smaller international airport farther from the city core. A small number of passenger airlines and charter flights use this airport. This airport services a small number of General aviation flights. A former US Army, and later Air force base, it was named after WWI fighter ace and Columbus native Eddie Rickenbacker and still hosts a small military presence.
- 4 COTA (Central Ohio Transit Authority). Not the best bus service, but it can take you to most important places in the city, which should be about 5 blocks away from any conceivable location you need to go to. This service costs $2.00 for an express bus and $1.50 for a normal bus. Transfers are free; ask for one from the bus driver when you pay your fare.
- 1 Ohio Craft Museum, 1665 West Fifth Ave, ☏ . M–Sa 10AM–5PM Su. 1PM–4 PM. Closed Sa. Five major exhibitions each year.
- 1 Actors' Theatre Company, 1000 City Park Avenue (Schiller Park), ☏ , email@example.com. Free, but donations welcomed.
- 3 Three Creeks MetroPark. Large metropark.
- 4 Scioto Grove Metro Park, ☏ . Offers fishing, kayaking, disc golf, and archery.
- 5 Scioto Audubon Park.
- 1 Franklin Art Glass, 222 E Sycamore St, ☏ . Handcrafted stained glass, since 1924. One of the world’s largest and highly respected creators of stained glass.
- 2 German Village Music Haus, 350 S. Grant Ave, ☏ . Musical instruments.
- 3 Metroscrap, 177 E. Beck St, ☏ . MO-FR 10A-5P; SA 12N-6P, SU Closed. Black and white photographs of urban scenes.
- 4 Book Loft of German Village, 631 S Third St, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Sunday - Thursday: 10 - 23, Friday & Saturday: 10 - Midnight. This bookstore has 32 rooms packed with books, CDs, Cards, and magazines.
- 1 Katzingers Deli, 475 S Third St (Third St and Livingston Ave, the northern edge of German Village.), ☏ .
- Lunch Wagons (Called loncheras or lovingly referred to as "roach coaches"). Cater to a Latino labor force, are becoming a common sight around town and are very popular with those in the know. Similar to the lunch wagons so popular in Hawaii, but with a Latino twist. They are subject to inspection by the health dept. and should not be feared but enjoyed.
- 2 Old Mohawk Restaurant, 819 Mohawk St, ☏ . Great pasta, burgers, turtle soup.
- 3 Barcelona Restaurant & Bar, 263 East Whittier Street, ☏ , fax: , email@example.com.
- 4 Der Dutchman, 445 S Jefferson Ave (Plain City), ☏ . Amish Kitchen Cooking, good value, and unique shopping.
- 5 Schmidt's Restaurant und Sausage Haus, 240 E Kossuth St (Head south on High Street from downtown, turn left on Kossuth Street), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. A traditional German restaurant. Has a sister sweet shop next store that sells fudge. Schmidt's stalls are a common sight at Columbus fairs and events.
- 6 My Momma's Sweet Potato Pies, 813 East Livingston Ave, ☏ . Authentic sweet potato pie.
- 7 Lindey's, 169 E Beck St, ☏ .
- 8 Thurman's Cafe, 183 Thurman Ave, ☏ . A bar with the absolute best burgers in town. The Thurman Burger is loaded with all types of meat, including ham and bacon and globs of all of your favorite garnishings. The wings are also rumored to be excellent, but it's difficult to go there and not order one of their fantastic burgers. $10-$20.
The Brewery District is in South Columbus.
- 1 Nationwide Children's Hospital, 700 Children's Dr (Just south of I-70 in central Columbus.), ☏ . More than six square city blocks with 1.5 million square feet of space on its downtown hospital and research campus, and is regarded at the nation’s 5th largest free-standing children’s hospital.
- 2 Columbus Arthritis Center, 1211 Dublin Rd, ☏ . Rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Fibromylagia, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Polymyositis, Sjogrens syndrome, Scleroderma, Vasculitis, Gout and Osteoporosis. Top and one of few Ohio facilitities!
- 1 Comfort Suites, 5944 Scarborough Blvd, ☏ , fax: . Peaceful setting conveniently located off I-70 exit 110. All suite hotel with indoor pool and free continental breakfast bar.
- 2 Econo Lodge Brice Road, 5950 Scarborough Blvd, ☏ , fax: .
- 3 Microtel Inn Columbus/Grove City, 1800 Stringtown Rd, ☏ , fax: .
- 4 German Village Guesthouse, 748 Jaeger Street, ☏ , fax: , email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: Noon.
- 5 Best Western Clarmont Inn & Suites, 650 South High Street, ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 11:00.
- 4 Marion-Franklin Branch Library, 2740 Lockbourne Rd, ☏ .
- 5 Columbus Metropolitan Library Parsons Branch, 1113 Parsons Ave, ☏ .