In 1902, Colonel Andrew Duncan Davidson came to Saskatchewan in hopes of creating a 'midway' settlement between the cities of Regina and Saskatoon. With agriculture as one of his main passions, Davidson purchased 700,000 acres (2,800 km2) from the railway and the federal government suitable for grain farming. Davidson organized a train route that travelled from Chicago to Saskatoon; making one stop in Davidson on the way. Within a short period of time, Davidson, which was declared the name of the community, was nicknamed the 'Midway Town' because of its central location. On November 15, 1906, Davidson was officially declared a town.
Davidson is located midway between Saskatoon and Regina on Highway 11.
- 1 The World's Largest Coffee Pot (Near the junction of Hwys 11 & 44). A community symbol which represents the warmth and hospitality Davidson has to offer. Standing 24 ft (7.3 m) tall, if filled with coffee this coffee pot would hold 150,000 cups. The Coffee Pot is included in Canada Post's Roadside Attraction Postage Stamp Series & Collection. Parking and picnic area available.
- Davidson Golf Club (6.4 km (4.0 mi) NW of Davidson, adjacent to Hwy 11.), ☏ . Open May 1 to Sep 30.
- 1 Davidson Kinder Surprises Antiques and Vintage (6 km E of Davidson on Hwy 747), ☏ . Open by chance, call to schedule an appointment..
- A&W (Hwy 11 & Enterprise Lane), ☏ .
- Keeper's Restaurant & Lounge (Hwy 11 & Railway Street), ☏ .
- Panda, 100 Internal Road (Near the junction of Hwys 11 & 44), ☏ .
- Subway (Hwys 11 & 44), ☏ .
- Tim Hortons, 300 Enterprise Lane, ☏ .
- Davidson Hotel and Motel, 612 Railway Street, ☏ .
- Jubilee Motor Inn, 512 King Edward Street, ☏ .
- Regina Beach on the shores of Last Mountain Lake
- Continue south on Hwy 11 to Moose Jaw and Regina
- Take Hwy 44 east to Lake Diefenbaker
|Routes through Davidson|
|Prince Albert ← Saskatoon ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Chamberlain → Regina|