Drummondville markets itself as Quebec's Capital of Expression and Traditions, with attractions focusing on culture, past and present.
- Office du tourisme de Drummondville, 1350 rue J.-B. Michaud, toll-free: . Sep to early Jun: M-F 08:30-16:30; mid-Jun to mid-Aug: daily 08:30-18:00; mid-Aug to early Sep: daily 08:30-16:30.
Drummondville was founded in June 1815 by Lieutenant-Colonel Frederick Heriot. The purpose of the town was to provide a home for British soldiers in the War of 1812, and to guard the Saint-François River against American attacks. The town was named after Sir Gordon Drummond, the Lieutenant Governor of Upper Canada between 1813 and 1816.
The construction of the Hemmings Falls hydro-electric dam in 1920 brought a new wave of industrial growth to the Drummondville area.
VIA Rail provides daily train service between Montreal and Quebec City. Trains run at a rate of about five per day in either direction from the Drummondville railway station.
General aviation services are available at the Drummondville Airport and the Drummondville Water Aerodrome.
- Drummondville Transit. City bus services on six routes headquartered at the main bus terminal at Des Forges and Lindsay Streets. Service runs M-F 07:00-23:00 at half-hour intervals, Sa 08:00-18:00 at half-hour intervals, and Su 09:00-18:00 hourly. Cash/ticket prices: adult $2.60/2.35, student $2.35/1.85, 65 and over $2.35/1.85, child 0-5 years (accompanied) free.
- 1 Le Village Québécois d'Antan, 1425, rue Montplaisir, ☏ , toll-free: . Late June to end of Aug: daily 10:00-17:30. A re-creation of village life in the 19th century. Includes an old farm, period costumes, a restaurant and several festivals throughout the year. Child $11, adult $21; $20/37 if meal included.
- 2 Maison des Arts Desjardins, 175, Rue Ringuet, toll-free: . Performing arts theatre
- 3 Musee National de la Photographie - National Museum of Photography, 400 Rue Heriot, ☏ . Tu-F 11:00-17:00, Sa Su 10:00-17:00. Its permanent exhibition looks at the history of the inventors of the camera, their processes and techniques. It includes original devices from these first black rooms and a large collection of cameras, from the oldest to the most modern. It's temporary exhibitions throughout the year are at the crossroads of art, history and science. Adults $10, children 12 and under free.
- Festival de la Poutine, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Towards the end of August. During three days people are invited to attend concerts, and to savour several kinds of poutine, a Canadian dish of Quebecois origin. The basic dish is a mess of French fries, gravy, and cheese curds that melt to bind the cacaphony of fat and salt. $23 day pass, $38 weekend, free for kids under 13 (2018 prices).
- 1 The Autodrome Drummond, 1155 Boulevard Saint-Joseph Ouest, ☏ . Automotive races throughout the summer season.
- 2 La Courvalloise, 1985 Boulevard Foucault, Saint-Charles-de-Drummond. Winter only, dependent on snow conditions, Sa Su and holidays 10:00-17:00. A winter outdoor sports destination. Family atmosphere, tube sliding, snowshoe trails and fatbike trails on the edge of the Spicer Rapids of the Saint-François River. Tubing: adults $12, children $10 for 4 hours;.
- 1 Promenades Drummondville, 755 René-Lévesque Boulevard. M-W 09:30-17:30, Th F 09:30-21:00, Sa 09:00-17:00, Su 10:00-17:00. 109 stores.
- 1 Restaurant L'Odika, 1116 Boulevard Saint-Joseph, ☏ . Su 09:00-21:00, M-W 11:00-21:00, Th F 11:00-22:00, Sa 09:00-22:00. Market cuisine using fresh seasonal producez vegan recipes, allergen-free foods, and gourmet and healthy dishes. Raclettes, fondues, Wagyu burgers, fish, pizza.
- 2 Rose Cafe, 210 Boulevard Lemire Ouest, ☏ . M-F 07:00-17:00, Sa Su 08:30-17:00. Gluten-free bread available. Most dishes are available in vegan and non-dairy versions. Breakfasts, salads, sandwiches $8-12.
- 3 A La Bonne Votre, 207, rue Lindsay, ☏ . M-W 11:00-21:00, Th F 11:00-22:00, Sa 17:00-22:00. Regional cuisine. Mains $16-38, lunch $13-33.
- 1 Microbrasserie le BockAle, 2400 rue Canadien, Suite 201, ☏ . W 16:00-22:00, Th 15:00-00:00, F 15:00-00:00, Sa 12:00-22:00. Microbrewery with meals available.
- 2 Le Baboune Bar Tapas, 104 Rue Marchand, ☏ . Tu W 16:00-23:00, Th F 16:00-01:00, Sa 11:30-01:00. Tapas and drinks.
- 1 Hotel-Motel Drummond, 105 Blvd Saint Joseph West, Exit/Sortie 177 N., St. Marjorique, toll-free: . Free high speed internet (WiFi); free parking; bar/lounge; breakfast included; hot tub; pets allowed; air conditioning, microwave and refrigerator in room; accessible rooms; suites. From $79.
- 2 Grand Times Hotel Drummondville, 530 Rue Saint Amant, toll-free: . Connected to the Centrexpo Cogeco Drummondville convention centre. Pool. Free parking and high speed internet (WiFi); fitness centre; business centre; golf course; heated pool; hot tub; air conditioning, minibar and refrigerator in room. From $139.
- 3 Motel Blanchet, 225, blvd St-Joseph Ouest. Free parking, 24-hr restaurant, bar/lounge, free high speed internet (WiFi), breakfast included, business centre; air conditioning and refrigerator in room. From $75.
|Routes through Drummondville|
|END ← Montreal ←||W E||→ Lévis → Rimouski|
|Ottawa ← Montreal ←||W E||→ Lévis → Quebec City|
|Montreal ← Mont-Saint-Hilaire ←||W E||→ Quebec City → Rivière-du-Loup|
|Shawinigan ← Trois-Rivières ←||N S||→ Sherbrooke → Magog|