Dundee's climate is much the same as the rest of Central Florida (except coasts). Winters are mild, with highs in the 70s (21-27°C) and lows in the 50s (10-15°C). Lows in the 30s (0-5°C) are common after cold fronts and there are usually a handful of lows below freezing each winter, although that requires clear skies, so it usually warms very rapidly after sunrise (30°F at 6AM, 55°F by noon is typical). Cold fronts occasionally pass by as squall lines, so tornadoes in December or January are not unusual. Snow is rare; the last measurable snowfall was in 1977, although sleet/wintry mix fell in an unusually cold January 2010. Summers are hot and humid, with highs around 90-95°F (33-35°C) and lows around 74-78°F (23-26°C). During the summer, onshore winds from both coasts travel inland, heat up, rise and build into thunderstorms, usually along a rough line. Lying in the center of the state, the line of storms (each called a "seabreeze") often collide and become severe, with tornadoes (small EF0-1s...not like the powerful tornadoes in the Plains states), 50+ mph winds, and hail possible. Strong storms are usually preceded by cooler winds caused by the rain-cooled air (cold air sinks) rapidly flowing away from the storm. The temperature after a strong thunderstorm passes can drop from 95°F (35°C) to 75°F (24°C) and since the storms can be fairly small, you can drive 5 miles and the temperature will drop/rise 20°F (10°C) between rain-cooled and surrounding areas.
Dundee lies along U.S. 27 and S.R. 17. S.R. 542 (Dundee Rd) connects the town with Winter Haven to the west.
The nearest airport is located in Orlando.
The best way to get around is by car.
- Margaret Kampsen Historic Depot, 102 Main St (Along S.R. 542, 1 mi E of U.S. 27), ☏ . Th/Sa 10AM-2PM. Restored, historic railroad station on the former Atlantic Coast Line Railroad. Features an old caboose. Free.
- 1 Allen David Broussard Catfish Creek Preserve State Park, 4335 Firetower Rd (From center of town, take Scenic Hwy (S.R. 17) north a couple miles. Turn right on Lake Hatchineha Rd (C.R. 542) and drive 4 mi. Turn right on Firetower Rd.), ☏ . Daily 8AM-sunset. This 8000ac park along the Lake Wales Ridge holds some of the rarer environments found in Florida. The park has 6 mi (10 km) of hiking trails and 7 mi (11 km) of equestrian trails; meandering through scrub, sandhill and flatwoods habitats. The preserve's scrub, sandhill, and flatwoods communities are home to numerous rare plants such as scrub morning glory, scrub plum, pygmy fringe tree, and cutthroat grass. They are also home to several protected animal species including Florida scrub-jays, bald eagles, gopher tortoises, and Florida scrub lizards. Visitors can enjoy hiking, horseback riding, and excellent fishing and wildlife viewing opportunities. Trail map: . Primitive camping sites are also available. Reservations are required and must be made through Lake Kissimmee State Park (+1 863 696-1112) and the fee for camping is $5/night. No entrance fee.
- Catfish Creek Management Area. Located where Catfish Creek reaches Lake Hatchineha, a couple miles east of the Catfish Creek Preserve State Park. Map: 
Public boat ramps are available on: Lake Annie (off S.R. 17A at Campbell Rd), Lake Hamilton (off U.S. 27), Lake Marion (off Jim Edwards Rd), & Lake Pierce (off Timberline Rd).
- Century Cottage Antiques & Gifts, 29890 U.S. Hwy 27, ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-5PM; Su Noon-4PM. Antique furniture, jewelry, and more.
- Davidson of Dundee, 28421 U.S. Hwy 27, ☏ , toll-free: . Daily 9AM-6PM. Maker of citrus candies and marmalades. Stop in and take a free tour of the on-site factory then browse the shop for some of the tasty confectioneries you just saw made and fresh citrus. A great shop to pick-up local gifts for your friends back home.
- Southern Comfort Antiques, 29119 U.S. Hwy 27, ☏ . Tu-Sa 10AM-5PM; Su 11AM-4PM. Nearly 4,000 ft2 of antique dealer booths housed under one roof.
The Eagle Ridge Mall, in Lake Wales, is located just a couple miles south of town off U.S. 27.
- Economy Motor Lodge, 28550 U.S. Hwy 27, ☏ , fax: . Kitchen/Efficiencies available. Pool. Pets allowed. Free wi-fi internet access available.
- Greenfield Village RV Park, 1015 S.R. 542 W, ☏ , fax: . 104 sites. Hookups, laundry, & showers available. Pool. Pets allowed. Handicapped access.
- Monticello Motel, 28500 U.S. Hwy 27, ☏ . Kitchen/Efficiencies available. Free wi-fi internet access available.
- Traveler's Inn, 28610, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: . Pool. Pets allowed. Handicapped access. Free wi-fi internet access available.
Polk County Sheriff: +1 863 533-0344 (Emergency: 911)
The nearest hospital is in Winter Haven.
- Dundee Medical Walk-in Clinic, 28055 U.S. Hwy 27, ☏ . M-F 8:30AM-4:30PM.
- Dundee Chamber of Commerce, 310 Main St, ☏ , fax: .
|Routes through Dundee|
|Ocala ← Haines City ←||N S||→ Jct (to Winter Haven) → Lake Wales → Miami|
|Ends at W / E ← Haines City ←||N S||→ Lake Wales → Sebring|
|END ← Winter Haven ←||W E||→ END|