Sebring is a city in the Florida Heartland.
Nearby Highlands Hammock State Park is another popular attraction.
Sebring's climate is a humid subtropical climate, with hot, humid summers and cool, dry winters. Unlike most places with a similar climate classification, Sebring's rainfall is clearly seasonal, with approximately 57 percent of the total rainfall occurring in the June–September summer period.
U.S. Hwy 27 is the city's main road, passing just south of the downtown area, which is served by FL-17. Sebring is also home to a small regional airport.
- Amtrak offers daily train service on the Silver Star and Silver Meteor routes.
- 1 The Circle (downtown Sebring). Unlike most towns in America, Sebring has no main street but is built around a circle instead, that is part of "Scenic Highway" FL-17. The center of town is a quiet place with small shops. Through the years, most businesses have moved to US-27, leaving downtown shops struggling for customers.
- 2 Highlands Lakeside Theatre (Highlands Little Theatre), 356 West Center Ave, ☏ .
- 3 Highlands Hammock State Park, 5931 Hammock Rd, ☏ . Is one of Florida's oldest state parks that opened in 1931. There is a three-mile scenic loop road with nine hiking trails and a boardwalk that runs through a swamp. There are two campgrounds in the park, both a primitive as a family ground. $6 per vehicle.
- 4 Lake Istokpoga (off US-98 southwest of Sebring; access road is close to the bridge of Arbuckle Creek). A scenic lake which has a boat ramp and a wooden fishing pier that keeps fishers safe from the numerous alligators that live in this large and shallow lake. Large parts of the lake are covered by water plants. Airboat rides are offered nearby by Airboat Wildlife Adventures.
- 1 Sebring Golf Club, 3118 Golfview Rd, ☏ .
- 2 Sebring International Raceway, 113 Midway Dr, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. A road course auto racing facility which hosts the 12 Hours of Sebring, a sports car racing series sanctioned by the American Le Mans Series (ALMS). Sebring Raceway is one of the oldest continuously-operating racetracks in the United States, with its first race held in 1950.
Sebring has a large number of restaurants, in large part because in the winter many retirees from the northern states and Canada reside in the area.
- Cowpoke's Watering Hole, 6813 US Hwy 27 South, ☏ .
- Sebring Diner, 4040 US Hwy 27 South, ☏ . Home-style American food served in a nice retro look diner. Unfortunately no longer open for dinner; breakfast and lunch only.
- 1 Hibachi Buffet, 2870 US Hwy 27 North (in Sebring Plaza, next to Havana Days Bakery), ☏ . All-you-can-eat Chinese, sushi bar and Mongolian grill.
- Thai House, 3750 US Highway 27 N, Suite 4D (in Fairmount Plaza), ☏ . Lunch and dinner. Small dining area, but has excellent Thai cuisine.
- Don Jose Mexican Restaurant, 4731 Lakeview Dr, ☏ . Lunch and dinner. High-quality Mexican food.
- Chicanes Restaurant & Bar, 3101 Golfview Rd (in Inn on the Lakes hotel), ☏ . Lunch and dinner. Serves liquor and meals. Upscale.
- Cang Tong, 110 Sebring Square (east of US 27 near Walmart), ☏ . Lunch and dinner Tu-Su. Chinese, Japanese, sushi.
- Island View Restaurant, 5223 Sun N' Lake Blvd., ☏ . Lunch and dinner seven days a week. This restaurant was demolished and rebuilt to be bigger and more modern. Many special events, including weddings and wedding receptions, are conducted here.
- 2 Dee's Place, 138 N. Ridgewood Dr, ☏ . M-F 5AM to 2PM, Sa 5AM to 1PM. Inexpensive.
- 3 Havana Days Bakery (Havana Days Cuban Bakery), 2912 US 27 N, Sebring, FL 33870 (in Sebring Plaza, between Subway and Hibachi Buffet), ☏ . Daily 11AM-midnight. This authentic Cuban bakery offers meals, pastries, cakes, soft drinks, smoothies and shakes. There is seating for about fifty and many orders are to go. Havana Days won the News-Sun Readers' Choice Award in 2015 for best Cuban cuisine restaurant in the county. Inexpensive.
- 4 Caddyshack Bar & Grill, 3122 Golfview Rd. (south of Inn on the Lakes and on the north edge of Sebring Golf Club), ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-10PM; closed Su. Serves large variety of food of very good quality.
- 5 La Hacienda, 825 N. Ridgewood Dr (two blocks north of Sebring Parkway), ☏ . Daily 7AM-9PM. Mexican style food. Beer and wine available.
- Blue Lagoon Saloon, 4120 US Highway 27 North, ☏ . Also serves good food.
- 1 Seven — Sebring Raceway Hotel (Four Points by Sheraton Sebring, Château Élan), 150 Midway Drive, ☏ .
- 2 Spring Lake Golf Resort, 200 Healthy Way, ☏ .
- Sebring International Golf Resort, 100 Clubhouse Ln, ☏ , email@example.com. Options include standard villa, deluxe villa, and the Waterway Suites.
|Routes through Sebring|
|Orlando ← Winter Haven ←||N S||→ West Palm Beach → Miami|
|Tampa ← Winter Haven ←||N S||→ Okeechobee → Miami|
|Ocala ← Avon Park ←||N S||→ Lake Placid → Miami|
|Lakeland ← Avon Park ←||N S||→ Lake Placid → West Palm Beach|
|Haines City ← Avon Park ←||N S||→ END|