- Amtrak offers daily train service on the Silver Star and Silver Meteor routes.
Okeechobee County Airport is a small local airport that has flights arrive daily from nearby airports and private planes.
Okeechobee is a regional crossroad of major highways: US-441, US-98, US-70, and US-710.
The best way to see Okeechobee is from a vehicle. There is an Enterprise Rental Center in the city that provides several rental vehicles.
There is a few taxi services in the county, however Okeechobee is small and taxis are typically only available on call.
There are no bus routes.
Agriculture is Okeechobee's main commodity and heritage. There are several local rodeos and two large PRCA-rated rodeos a year. Okeechobee is one of the largest producers of cattle in the state of Florida, with a history in "cracker cowboying."
- 1 Lake Okeechobee. One of the largest freshwater lakes in the United States, it provides the majority of tourist attractions for the city. Fishing, sight seeing, and recreating are some of the many available options in visiting the lake. The 30-mile-wide Herbert Hoover Dike is part of the Florida Trail, and is able to walked and biked around the entire lake. There are many bass and crappie fishing spots around the lake, with two major boat ramps in Okeechobee: C. Scott Driver Boat Ramp and OkieTantie Boat Ramp.
- 2 Okeechobee County Courthouse (between NW Third Ave and NW Forth Ave). M–F 8:30AM–5PM. Listed in A Guide to Florida's Historic Architecture.
Despite Okeechobee being a small town, there are many fun activities; one of them is the Seminole Casino at the nearby Brighton Seminole Indian Reservation.
- 1 Lightsey's Seafood, 1506 S Parrot Ave, ☏ . Su–Th 11AM–9PM, F–Sa 11AM–10PM.
- 2 Pogey's, 1759 S Parrott Ave, ☏ . 5AM–2PM.
- Economy Inn, 507 N Parrott Ave, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 1 Hampton Inn Okeechobee, 1200 State Road 70 East, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Many on-site amenities.
|Routes through Okeechobee|
|Tampa ← Sebring ←||N S||→ West Palm Beach → Miami|
|Lakeland ← Sebring ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Pahokee → West Palm Beach|
|Bradenton ← Lake Placid ←||W E||→ Jct N S → Jct N S → Fort Pierce|