Jump to navigation Jump to search
Eagle Pass is a city on the South Texas Plains. It is just across the river from the slightly larger city of Piedras Negras in the Mexican state of Coahuila.
- US 277, 40 miles west of Carrizo Springs or 60 miles south of Del Rio
- From San Antonio, the easiest route is south on I-35, then exit onto U.S. Highway 57 at Moore.
- Greyhound Lines, (bus stop) Stripes @ 2093 N Veterans Blvd (Stripes Gas Station & Convenience Store on N Veterans Blvd & 2nd St.), toll-free: +1 800 231-2222. Travels north on US Hwy 277 to Del Rio and continue east on US Hwy 90 towards San Antonio via Uvalde, D Hanis, Hondo and Castroville. Passengers transfer in San Antonio to get to additional cities.
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 1:27PM local time and lasts 4 min. Chances of a clear sky are 50%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico to enter the US at Del Rio and Eagle Pass then through Texas into Arkansas.
- 1 Fort Duncan, 310 Bliss St, ☏ +1 830 773-3224. M-Sa 11AM-5PM. Several building of this 1847 fort are preserved in a municipal park. In the post headquarters building is an interesting Texas history museum. $2 for 12 years & older.
- Maverick County Lake.
- 1 Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino, 794 Lucky Eagle Dr (at Rosita Valley Rd), ☏ +1 830-773-2255, toll-free: +1-888-255-8259. Vegas-style casino run by Kickapoo Indians.
- Eagle Pass Golf Course.
- Mall de las Aguilas, 455 S Bibb Ave, ☏ +1 830 773-9033. Daily, hours vary, 9AM-6PM are usually a safe bet. Mall with the usual line of stores, but also; Local Attractions Visitor Info, Postage Service, UPS Drop-Off Location and an ATM.
- 1 Chili's Grill & Bar, 264 S Bibb St, ☏ +1 830-757-4600.
- 2 Fuddrucker's, 406 Farm-To-Market Rd 375, ☏ +1 830-773-3177.
- El Restaurante Gaonas, 1920 Veteran's Blvd, ☏ +1 830-757-3223.
- 3 New China Buffet, 410 S Texas Dr.
- 4 Parrilla de San Miguel, 408 S Texas Dr, ☏ +1 830-757-3100.
- 1 Cooters's Pub, 303 Main St, ☏ +1 830 757-1000. Tu-Th 5PM-Midnight, F-Sa 5PM-2AM. Likely to be able to enjoy some Tecate or Dos Equis and Norteño music here.
- 1 La Quinta Inn, 2525 E Main St, ☏ +1 830 773-7000.
- 2 Hampton Inn Eagle Pass, 3301 East Main, ☏ +1 830 757-5565. Some rooms have jacuzzi.
- Mexico, 140 Adams St, ☏ +1 830 773-9255, fax: +1 830 773-9397.
- Coahuila, Mexico - Visit Piedras Negras, just across the river, or Guerrero, a Spanish colonial village with important mission ruins another 28 miles down the road.
|Routes through Eagle Pass|
|Piedras Negras ← becomes ← ←||W E||→ La Pryor → San Antonio via|
|Sonora ← Del Rio ←||N S||→ Carrizo Springs → Ends at|