East Stroudsburg is a city in Monroe County, Pennsylvania.
Monroe County was created on April 1, 1836, from parts of Northampton and Pike Counties and named for President James Monroe. At that time there was no county seat. Stroudsburg was finally selected to be the county seat on August 31, 1837. It was named after Jacob Stroud who was an original settler of the area.Today, Monroe County is comprised of 16-second class townships and 4 incorporated boroughs with a population of about 139,000 residents. Three of the boroughs and all of the townships were settled in the 18th century. The oldest of all the municipalities are Smithfield Township and the borough of East Stroudsburg.
Car- The easiest way to get to East Stroudsburg by car is from Interstate 80. It is one of the last exits on the interstate before entering into New Jersey.
Bus- Greyhound provides buses that leave the town twice a day, one in the morning and another at night, and another two buses that come into the town twice a day also. The Martz bus station, where the Greyhound buses make their stops, is located only a few miles away from Main Street.
PO Box 1291 Stroudsburg, PA 18360 Martz Trailways Rail Road 1 +1 570-421-3040, +1-800-454-2487 
Car- The easiest way to get around town is by car. If you drive into town you can always use your own car, but there is always the option to rent a car as well once you get into town.
3021 Milford Rd East Stroudsburg, PA 18301 +1 570 426-7071
20 Bushy Mountain Rd. East Stroudsburg PA 18301 +1 570 422-9580
Bus- Although there is not a big use of buses in East Stroudsburg, there are buses that run through the town at different times making it easy to get around. The bus company that serves this town is Pocono Pony.
This town is full of history and many other unique places and things to see. All over the town are different museums, art galleries, and nature resorts and parks.
- Quiet Valley Farm Museum, 1000 Turkey Hill Rd, Stroudsburg, PA, ☏ .
- Pocono Indian Museum, 7005 Milford Rd., ☏ .
- [dead link] Gallery 705, 705 Fulmer Ave,Stroudsburg,PA,18360, ☏ .
- Delaware Water Gap National And State Park, In the Gap Road, Delaware Water Gap, PA 18327, ☏ .
East Stroudsburg is located between two rivers, providing the town with many different things to do. Tourists can go camping, sky diving, golf, or take a walk in a park. Some of the best places to do these activities are:
- Otter Lake Campground, 4805 Marshalls Creek Rd, ☏ .
- Terra Greens Golf Course, 5006 Poole Rd, ☏ .
- Twin Pines, 3000 Twin Pine Rd, ☏ .
- 1 Sky's The Limit Skydiving Center, 124 Airstrip Rd, ☏ , toll-free: . Summer: M,W-F 10AM-sunset, Sa-Su 8AM-sunset; Winter: Sa-Su by appointment.
- 2 Dansbury Park, Day St (west of Washington St).
Main Street (Route 611) offers a lot of shopping opportunities. There are many different specialty, clothing, antique or gift shops all up and down the street. Just off Main Street, Crystal Street has just as many charming shops and boutiques to visit.
- The Crossings Premium Outlets, Tannersville, PA (off Exit 45 of Interstate Route 80), ☏ . Includes over 100 designer factory outlets.
- Stroud Mall, 454 Stroud Mall, Ninth St, Stroudsburg, PA 18360, ☏ . Includes a movie theater, Bon-Ton, JCPenney, Sears, and over 75 stores.
- 1 Pocono Candle, 1993 Milford Rd, ☏ . Su-F 9:30AM-5:30PM, Sa 9:30AM-7PM.
All over the city are places to eat. There are restaurants that range from small take out and fast food places, to romantic restaurants. No matter what type of cuisine you are in the mood for, it can be found somewhere close by.
- [dead link] Dansbury Depot, 50 Crystal St, ☏ . Mon. thru Sat. 11AM to 10PM.
- Sarah Street Bar and Grill, 550 Quaker Alley Stroudsburg, PA 18360, ☏ .
- Dominic's Tuscan Grill, Rr 4 Box 4881, ☏ .
- Peppes Ristorante, Eagle Valley Mall, ☏ .
- Peppermill Family Restaurant, 5237 Milford Rd, ☏ .
East Stroudsburg is not only home to many residents, but also considered to be a college town. East Stroudsburg University has about 8,000 students. Many of those students around campus and other parts of the town, so there are many bars and nightlife areas. Some of the most popular are:
- Front Row, 700 Main Street Stroudsburg, PA 18360, ☏ . popular decent place to drink and relax
- Siamsa Irish Pub, 636 Main Street Stroudsburg, PA 18360, ☏ . Younger crowd with more expensive drinks. Good food and dancing late
- [dead link] Cinder Inn, 1 Stokes Ave, ☏ . More of a dive bar located by the railroad tracks, older crowds and cheap beer
- Rudy's Tavern, 90 Washington St, ☏ . Smaller bar in a good location, nice place to go
- Shorty's Place, 59 Crystal St, ☏ .
- PUB570, 5261 Milford rd. East Stroudsburg pa, ☏ . Family Friendly atmosphere & family affordable!!!
Places to stay in East Stroudsburg range from resorts to camping sights and everything in between. There are plenty of chain hotels with names that you would recognize, or smaller family owned and operated places for you to stay to get the most out of your visit. They are located all over the city, so whatever you are looking for, you will be able to find. Some of the most popular places to stay include:
- Deerfield Spa, 650 Resica Falls Road, ☏ .
- [dead link] Hillside Inn Resort, Rural Route 18 Box 6000, ☏ .
- Rainbow Mountain Resort, 210 Mount Nebo Road, Stroudsburg, PA 18301, ☏ .
- Foxwood Family Campground, 400 Mount Nebo Road, ☏ .
- Galunic's Red Cottage, 730 Creek Road East Stroudsburg, PA 18302, ☏ .
East Stroudsburg Borough Municipal Building-
24 Analomink Street, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
Phone: +1 570-421-8300
Police Department- 
|Routes through East Stroudsburg|
|Hazleton ← Stroudsburg ←||W E||→ Delaware Water Gap → Dover|