Jump to navigation Jump to search
Northeastern Pennsylvania is in Pennsylvania.
The region lacks any major cities, although 1 Scranton and 2 Wilkes-Barre together form a moderate-sized conurbation. The region is dominated by many small towns. The area is a commuter region for Philadelphia, New York and Northern New Jersey.
Several towns within this region include:
- 3 Stroudsburg — The seat of Monroe County and the gateway to the Poconos for many arriving from the New Jersey and New York areas.
- 4 East Stroudsburg - Twin city of Stroudsburg.
- 5 Hawley — A small town located north of I-84. Nearby manmade Lake Wallenpaupack offers camping, boating and fishing. Woodloch Pines Resorts is a few miles from town.
- 6 Jim Thorpe — The "Switzerland of Pennsylvania" is at the southwestern edge of the region and is a popular destination.
- 7 Lehighton — 3 miles south of Jim Thorpe. This is the nearest town to Jim Thorpe with large franchise hotels.
- Mount Pocono — A large town in the central Poconos at the junction of PA 940 and PA 611.
- 8 Shawnee-On-Delaware — North and east of Stroudsburg.
- 9 Tannersville — A town west of Stroudsburg on I-80 that is home to the Crossings premium outlets and the Great Wolf Lodge, a resort with a large indoor waterpark.
- 1 Bushkill Falls is also known as The "Niagara of Pennsylvania".