Jump to navigation Jump to search
Eastern Yunnan is in China.
- Qujing Prefecture
- Wenshan Prefecture - bordering Vietnam as well as Guangxi Province and Guizhou Province. Wenshan Prefecture is one of the poorest regions of China, due to its rocky and pourous karst soil. For the tourist however there are beautiful karst peaks, most notably around Puzhehei and Babao.
- Zhaotong Prefecture
- 1 Funing - near the border to Guizhou
- 2 Guangnan - an old trading town
- 3 Qujing - capital of Qujing Prefecture
- 4 Wenshan - capital of Wenshan Prefecture, once known as Kaihua
- 5 Zhaotong - capital of Zhaotong Prefecture
- The colorful karst landscape of Puzhehei.
- Numerous minority ethnic groups in Qiubei, Babao, Funing and along the border with Vietnam. They include the Yi, Miao, Yao and the dominant Zhuang.
Sanchi is a famous health drink made from the buds of a plant that is widely grown in Wenshan.